Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Oh nooooooo!

I’d be gutted 😞 I’m sorry you dropped it.
I am gutted butter fingers I swear
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We always sell our tech , phones etc through CEX
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Don't feel embarrassed! You might be giving someone who can't afford a full price one the opportunity to get a great quality phone at a price they can afford.

If you feel uncomfortable going into a shop there's places online who will buy them such as Music Magpie.
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have sold many phones to CEX or music magpie online, my son sold his iPhone 8 last week after he got an upgrade.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Definitely don’t feel embarrassed about selling it, someone else will be delighted to purchase it.

When I got a new Samsung phone for my husband from 02 online they gave me the option of selling/recycling his Apple phone to them. It wasn’t a lot of money as an older phone but thought better that than nothing. Followed instructions and made sure fully charged etc before posting off (securely packaged). Waited a while and then they got in touch to say it wouldn’t charge so was worth nothing. They asked if I wanted to leave it with them or have it back, so I said I would like it back.

Never got the phone returned to me and when I got back in touch they couldn’t find the phone so put a credit on my account.

Hope you can take it to a store and get a decent price for it.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'd certainly feel embarrassed if someone saw my browsing history.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone!

We’re off to Cribbs tomorrow and will pop into GAME. If I get no luck there, I’ll try sending off to one of the online recycle shops.

Thanks again ☺️
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'd certainly feel embarrassed if someone saw my browsing history.
That’s my imagination running wild this evening 😂
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Nah.. nothing to be embarrassed about people do it all the time.
Honestly see what thy sell for over Facebook too - a reasonably price iPhone will sell fairly well, you can price it a little over what CeX will give you and someone would still be getting a bargain!
music magpie ect. Will somewhat undervalue it, and regardless of the condition CEX can be pirates when they classify it (I sold a pristine phone they classified as class c, should have been a B if not an A by some of the stuff they were selling) they want a cable and plug else they will charge you what Apple charge for replacements, but you leave it with them and they will deal with selling it so it’s easy.

Edit to add:
Assuming it’s the small one locked to o2 £250 Cash is what you’d get, I’d personally give it a week on Facebook at £300, that undercuts most of what is around me on there and beats what yourll get trade in.
Also same online with game.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?

Edited at 11:48 PM.
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
That’s not a bad idea actually. My phone is luckily unlocked, which is positive, but it is the 64.

I might delay the mall for a week and see how it goes?

Thank you for the advice.