Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Yes certainly some will hurt financially but on the other hand there are others who have been on full salary and saved so much on commutes, lunches, holidays, nights out etc that they have money burning a hole. Where I am there are a mix of people who are really feeling the pinch from pub and restaurant closures and people who are flush from being home on their regular salary. I've never seen so many TVs and fridges and furniture sets being bought as I have in the past few weeks! It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds and hopefully everyone will make the best decision for themselves and not be influenced by others in a different position. There's no right way to approach 2021 and fingers crossed The Dibb will be a supportive place to those who are planning and those who will cancel.

OP - You're not the only one who will be so glad to see the back of 2020. I've been wondering if there will be some collective sigh of relief from this planet that it will be measured from space! Here's to better days for your lives in general. Florida will be there when things turn around for you
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think many of us are similar, i have postponed this coming feb to feb 22, will not book though, it will all be booked last minute, i did this in 2017 when i wasnt sure trip was viable because of DD health so i am quite comfortable with bookjng it all late, i recon i could book whole trip in an hour or two!
Old 29 Aug 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Update, ATD tickets have been fantastic had a lovely chat with a representative on the phone, no quibbles, refund will be processed within 14 days. I highly recommend the flex plus way of booking tickets given all the current uncertainty! Yes, we lost £10 each but thats nothing compared to the cost of the tickets overall.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Update, ATD tickets have been fantastic had a lovely chat with a representative on the phone, no quibbles, refund will be processed within 14 days. I highly recommend the flex plus way of booking tickets given all the current uncertainty! Yes, we lost £10 each but thats nothing compared to the cost of the tickets overall.
That’s brilliant that you’ll get your refund so quickly, other companies out there are holding onto customers monies for many many weeks x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
poppy72
Gone all Goofy

We had a super special Florida holiday planned for our silver wedding in sept 2019, I was packed and ready to go when Thomas cook went down 4 days before we were due to fly, we thought we would re book to go this year but fortunately it took that long to get our money back that this had all started by then so we didn’t get re booked. Florida’s on the back burner now but one day we will go back and no doubt have a super time when we do, well just have to wait patiently like everyone else ! It is disappointing when plans go wrong but as long as your all safe and well that’s the main thing isn’t it.
poppy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cant wait for this stupid year to end.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

A sad, but wise decision. In 6 months or a year, it will be clearer, and then you can make your decision as to rebooking or not - and you will have a lovely time planning if you do decide to rebook.

Having financial worries would cast a huge cloud over anyone's plans - it would be hard to get excited about trip planning when you are worried about whether you will be able to pay normal household bills.

Fingers crossed that things will be more stable soon.
Old 30 Aug 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Hugely understand your decision and a holiday is certainly not a priority before financial stability. We had a long chat about how we could do it at significantly less cost but we agreed we want our “usual” holiday or we would wait a while. Having said that we are waiting until 2022 we’ve already started discussing a last minute 2021 if circumstances change!
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We have lost two holidays Orlando (would have been flying home today) and Dubai in September cancelled because of 11 plus. Income is risky at best wife’s business will go to the wall no income since February and we will shut it down after paying every debtor from our savings. Mine is patchy however I booked NYC and a cruise home sure it’s logically maybe not the most sensible thing but if it’s booked I will find the money if I don’t book I will not find the holiday and I will not be creating the memories I want to for my daughter.

I paid the flights up front have £3k left to find which I will
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Yes certainly some will hurt financially but on the other hand there are others who have been on full salary and saved so much on commutes, lunches, holidays, nights out etc that they have money burning a hole. Where I am there are a mix of people who are really feeling the pinch from pub and restaurant closures and people who are flush from being home on their regular salary. I've never seen so many TVs and fridges and furniture sets being bought as I have in the past few weeks!
I am one, furloughed on 100% pay for 15 weeks, my wife has worked from home - so no petrol, food, commutes, trips away, took a three month mortgage break in case of emergency funds required, we have actually saved thousands.

But that's money staying in my pocket until the worst passes. I admire the OP
Kev Harrison is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List