Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Just paid our holiday for 19th departure. They told us our hotel is still open so we had to pay or lose deposits.
Was that Virgin? I really think it depends who you speak to unfortunately 🤔
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pamatt View Post
Was that Virgin? I really think it depends who you speak to unfortunately 🤔
Yes it was Virgin. She checked to see if our hotel was still open and it is. I asked her opinion on the possibility of the holiday going ahead and she said I can't really say.
A few others have contacted and said most of Virgin staff have said it looks doubtful.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
the_em0hawk
Earning More Ears

I just got off the phone to VH. We're due to be staying off-site from 19 Dec.

They have still only cancelled Orlando holidays up the 9 Dec, but the guy I spoke to thinks they will cancel the rest of December in the next week or two. He said it "would be miracle if holidays to Orlando go ahead this year".

Now here's the more interesting bit of the conversation...
I asked several times if there was anything I needed to do now, having said that the holiday balance was due on Saturday as per their "pay 8 weeks prior to departure" change from the previous payment date.
He said I'd get an email when the holiday is cancelled asking if we want to rebook or receive a refund of our deposit.
Surprised by this I explicitly asked "So even if I don't pay the balance you will still refund my deposit when the holiday is cancelled?" and he confirmed that is the case.

I'm not sure if he is wrong, but he's explicitly confirmed more than once that I will be refunded - and I have a recording of the call. Virgin won't be keeping my deposit.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
the_em0hawk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by the_em0hawk View Post

They have still only cancelled Orlando holidays up the 9 Dec, but the guy I spoke to thinks they will cancel the rest of December in the next week or two. He said it "would be miracle if holidays to Orlando go ahead this year".

I asked several times if there was anything I needed to do now, having said that the holiday balance was due on Saturday as per their "pay 8 weeks prior to departure" change from the previous payment date.
He said I'd get an email when the holiday is cancelled asking if we want to rebook or receive a refund of our deposit.
Surprised by this I explicitly asked "So even if I don't pay the balance you will still refund my deposit when the holiday is cancelled?" and he confirmed that is the case.

I'm not sure if he is wrong, but he's explicitly confirmed more than once that I will be refunded - and I have a recording of the call. Virgin won't be keeping my deposit.
I don't understand it when one Virgin call taker says one thing and another says someting completely different.
The lady I spoke to on saturday told me I must pay or lose deposit.
Good that you have recorded the call and if they refuse to pay then throw it back at them.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by the_em0hawk View Post

They have still only cancelled Orlando holidays up the 9 Dec, but the guy I spoke to thinks they will cancel the rest of December in the next week or two. He said it "would be miracle if holidays

I did exactly that ..didn’t pay my balance whatsoever then a month later recieved an email saying can get a refund on my deposit and received it 10 days later
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Anyone heard anything, finding myself getting really annoyed, the likelihood of us getting to America this year.. are slim to none..
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
auralerb
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Anyone heard anything, finding myself getting really annoyed, the likelihood of us getting to America this year.. are slim to none..
Not a sausage. I know a couple of people have called to get clarity but the company line seems to be ‘we don’t know’.
auralerb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

I have asked and they are still saying flights resume on 9th December.

I wonder if they are leaving cancellations until last minute even though they are saying we will email you 21 days before departure.

The FCO won't open the borders now this second lockdown has been announced so Virgin should be sorting this out asap.
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

VH are updating their policies within the next week so we should all get some news.
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
auralerb
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
VH are updating their policies within the next week so we should all get some news.
Oh good. When trying to dummy book via VH for the next couple of months they’re now saying they can’t offer direct flights, so something has definitely changed behind the scenes. Hopefully news soon - sick of being in limbo.
auralerb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List