Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Apr 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

A tale of land and sea - day 4

Day 4 - Universal, Mall at Millenia & Cheesecake Factory

14th September 2016

We were up early again today and ready for early entry - today I was taking my DSLR with me as I had designated today my official "Universal photo day" so I apologise now for the photo overload that is likely to follow! As I have mentioned before I planned to just bring my proper camera with me for one day in the parks and take lots of photos rather than carry it around and be distracted with taking photos all the time.

I'm not sure if I would adopt the same plan next time or not - although it was nice not having it all the time, and experiencing things in front of me rather than through the lens I do love taking photos with my proper camera

So again we headed down to the water taxi, quickly through the scanner and on board.

We were quickly on our way and sailing on to City Walk, passing the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium - I had no idea at this time what this was or where it was from but it sounded good!

We quick walked to Islands with a quick photo stop at the Universal globe:

We headed on in - the park was quite empty but possibly as we had just missed the start of early opening!

We quickly walked up to Hogsmeade but Forbidden Journey was down - we were given an Attraction Admission Pass which wwas valid at FJ, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express and Minion Mayhem. We never did get round to using this.

We had intended to just have a quick ride on FJ and then take some photographs of the quieter park - with FJ down we just wandered around Hogsmeade taking in the scenery and soaking up the atmosphere - I do love that the shop staff are so in character popping their heads out of the shops and shouting hello!

Hogsmeade station.

Snowy rooftops and butterbeer!

Hogwarts School!

We also had a quick ride on Flight of the Hippogriff - got to say this is not the most comfy or the longest ride but it was nice to see Hagrids hut!

And some more photos around Hosgmeade:

And then back onto the bridge out of Hogsmeade to take a few more photographs with the castle!

And if you notice in this photo I am wearing the new Ravenclaw t-shirt that I bought yesterday!

Back into Hogsmeade and I took some more photos of the various shops:

Olivanders - I do wish we had found time to and see the show in here although I know I woud have been tempted to buy a wand!

Gladrags!

Owl post!

Three Broomsticks - loved this building!

Honeydukes - I spent some time in here taking a few photographs and it was sooo tempting to buy all the yummy (and sometimes odd!) looking goodies!

And we were back outside again!

Saying goodbye to Hogsmeade for today and heading over to wait for the Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley!

We sat on the wall outside of Hogsmeade station and waited for it to open - it opened each morning in extra hours just before the opening time of the second park. I decided that I would pop back into Hogsmeade for a slice of watermelon I had seem on a cart we passed earlier. The watermelon was $3 and a lovely refreshing snack! No photo though I apologise. I sat and ate this in the sun on the wall outside the station.

We then took a couple more photos (just in case I didn't have enough already!)

Cont in next post...
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

...cont from prev post

Just before 9am we were allowed into the station and onto the train. No private compartment for us today - our travel companions today were two very exuberant American ladies and an American couple who were going both parks in one day.

Exuberant lady number one could not stay quiet - she was intent on giving the couple lots of tips despite saying she would keep quiet and let them watch! I couldn't be too mad with her though as she was clearly so excited

Once off the train we headed straight to Gringotts. The benefit of getting the train over was that it leaves Hogsmeade before 9am so we arrived in Diagon Alley before the crowds coming in from the front of the park so there was no queue at all at Gringotts! We placed our stuff in a locker and headed back on to the ride - there was still no queue when we came out so we headed back round again. On our first ride we ended up in the same carriage as the couple from the Hogwarts Express!

I took my phone with me this time to take some photographs inside the bank- larger pockets on these shorts so my phone was much safer!

Next up we decided to wander around Diagon Alley taking some photographs!

A very quiet Diagon Alley! Again the shop staff were popping their heads out of the shops and calling hello!

Gringotts and the dragon!

Dobby

We then also had a look in Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes...

Love this place and the fireworks if you look up at the ceiling!

And some more pics in Diagon Alley - still so quiet!

By this point were were feeling a little peckish so decided to pop to the Leaky Couldron for breakfast - I really wanted to try one one the Potter pubs and but we had so many meals planned this was the time!

We placed our order at the counter- an American Breakfast and apple juice to share and were given a number to take to the table. Your meal is then brought over to the table for you. The price for this was $18.10 (inc tax).
I really liked the atmosphre in here - so cosy!

The breakfast included bacon, sausage, breakfast potatos, scrambled egg and a croissant (yeah I really don't get that one!).

It was much nicer than I expected and was more than enough for two.
We then popped out of Diagon Alley:

I love that if you listen closely you can hear the bricks moving here!
Out into London we went and had another look at the Knight Bus:

And popped along to Grimmauld Place to wave to Kreacher

Hi Kreacher!

Cont in next post...

pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your photos are fab and the boat journey in the morning looks lovely, very relaxing.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Cont from prev post...

Next up was a quick ride on MIB! Love these dudes!

Sophie won again - and I'm not bitter at all!

Next up we headed round to the Simpsons area again - so bright and colourful to photograph! I'm not a big Simpson's fan but I do love this area.

While in the area we also had a go on this ride - rude not to right? I do feel like this ride was my bugbear of the Universal Parks, I loved the ride itself but the queue, oh my! Just so disorganised and the staff just really don't seem to care! They weren't checking express passes, mixing up the lines, and generally just being very disinterested - has anyone else found this?

I enjoyed the ride but noticed the ther carriages around me much more this time around - maybe to do with where we were seated.

And a photo back across the lagoon to Muggle London.

We headed on through the park with our next stop being Transformers...

Sophie really enjoyed this one but I'm afraid I still just don't really get it but I've never been a transformers fan - not mu favourite!
We couldn't pass up the Christmas shop without popping in (and taking some photos of course!). We had a good browse as a Christmas bauble is on my shopping list - nothing purchased just yet.

So strange to be looking at Christmas stuff while overheating!

Next up we decided to give Shrek 4D a go - this just wasn't my favourite experience at all and the express passes were pointless! I think maybe my dislike for this was due to the huge queue and quit long wait.

I know I sound like a right grouch today but I swear I was enjoying myself- just a few little gripes!
Minions next! Love love love this! (see good day really!)

I love the attention to detail in here!

I do have to say that I HATE things where they single people out! I'm always so worried that it will be me and I'll have to see my face on the screen eek - I escaped though...

On now to The Mummy - another up there in my favourites!
We decided to head out into City Walk for lunch at this point before returing to Islands to do the water rides.

City Walk was so quiet! I really wish we had found time to go in the evening - just means we need another trip right!
Our choice today was Hot Dog Hall of Fame

Sophie ordered the Kansas and I had the same but without the coleslaw and pickle. We both had fries but no drink as we stil had the Universal refillable mug which we filled just before leaving. We re-ativated this each day and I really think we got our money's worth and tried so many different drinks!

A picture of my Kansas Hotdog (no coleslaw or pickle):

For some reason I didn't photograph Sophies- probably because she ate it before I had chance!

Really yummy and just enough with room for dessert which was a good thing as I really wanted to go to Coldstone Creamery after seeing it in so may Dibb reports!

Sophie ordered the Birthday Cake Remix which was cake batter ice cream, with rainbow sprinkles,brownie & fudge and I ordered the Cheesecake fantasy which was cheesecake ice-cream with graham cracker price crust, blueberries & strawberries. We both ordered 'like it' sizes.

I took some pics as they mixed it up on the stone:

Mine!

Sophie's.

The price for both of these was $13.40 which I thougt was well worth the price - these were lovely and I'm so glad we had room! We sat outside at store and enjoyed our ice cream before heading back to the parks - with a few photos along the way!

Back into Islands and a quick ride of Hulk - couldn't just walk passed when the express passes make it so quick on and off - still a favourite!

We walked up through Toon Lagoon and took some more photographs along the way - another lovely bright colourful area!

We changed our shoes - pumps off, flip flops on! - and headed on towards the water rides!

First up was Jurassic Park - I thought this was just ok- pointless drop - other than the drop it just seemed like a nice little raft ride with dinosaurs! No lockers provided for this one and we didn't get too wet!

Headed over and stashed our stuff in a locker and moved on to Ripsaw Falls. We ended up the front two seats in our boat with a guy and girl behind us - the guy was directly behind me and his legs were so long, they were right down to my ankles! He was also wearing jeans and we got so wet- he must have been so uncomfortable!

Bilge Rat Barges next! If we weren't wet before we certainly were after! This really puts the raft ride at Alton Towers to shame- loved this ride so much! Om my I just had waves and waves of water dumped in my lap!

Completely soaked, we called it a day at this point and headed back to the hotel.

Back to the water taxi and to our room at RPR-it had clouded over a little and was a bit chilly in the wet clothing so was nice to get changed!

A pic of the pool I took while walking passed - another thing I wish we had time for was more pool time - we didn't get to spend any time at the RPR pool at all!

It was about 5pm now and we weren't really hungry yet - our plan this evening had been to go to Teak for dinner so we decided that we would head to Mall at Millenia for a couple of ours shopping/browsing before having dinner.

A photograph of construction at Volcano Bay I took on the way as I though Dibbers may be interested!

Arrived at Mall at Millenia - America really does know how to do shopping malls!

We had a look in Sephora - I had really been looking forward to this shop having seen many Dibbers get great bargains but I only bought a couple of foot packs for $6 each.

I was hoping for some of the 'Sephora Loves' sets as I has seen fab pink and bronze ones in a trippie on here but it wasn't to be today the ony one they had was a suncare one and I'm more of a suncream will do kinda girl!

Also had a look in Kate Spade - lots of beautiful things but nothing that really caught my eye so I will save myself for the outlets where there were beautiful things at good prices!

Had a look in Michael Kors too, again nothing that really took my fancy but Soph id like the look of the smart watches - will have a google and see what the prices look like later! I was hoping I would find the boots I had seen in the UK at a bargain price - wishful thinking!

We also had a look in Abercrombie & Fitch - now this shop was full of bargains - it was sale time! I bought a lovely hoodie/sweatshirt for $35 (saving $25) a great saving on their UK prices! Soph bought a lovel jacket for half price - $60 instead of $120 and I also bought some earings which were half price too - $8. Great savings here!
I also had a look in Tiffany and saw a necklace I liked but didn't like to ask the price - will look online and see! On a positive note the staff in here were lovely despite me not looking at all like your typical Tiffany shopper!

We were starting to get hungry now so decided that while we were here we should try the Cheesecae Factory and reschedule Teak for tomorrow. The wait was 20 minutes but seemed to go much quicker than this - we were seated at a lovely little outdoor table.

We ordered our drinks, a coke for Soph and a water for me and they bought these over, along with the bread basket. The brown bread they serve here is amazing! yum!

We also ordered our mains - the Fish Tacos for Soph and the Baja Chicken Tacos for me!

These were AMAZING! We both said that if we had time we would definately love to come back here!

Mine!

Sophie's

Once we were finished we decided against Cheesecake - I have no idea what we were thinking! I honestly to this day do not know what was going on in my head - I really wish I had got cheesecake, even one to take home for breakfast!

We requested the bill and our server brought this over - the total was $33.98. We left this plus the tip and made our way home.

Back at the hotel we unpacked our new purchases:

Foot masks!

My hoodie!

Abercrombie Earings - these were almost identical to some I saw in Coast at a much lower price!

We made sure we packed everything up as tonight was our last night at RPR and tomorrow we would be moving on to Cape Canaveral!
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your photos are fab and the boat journey in the morning looks lovely, very relaxing.
Thank you! This was a very photo heavy day!
The boat journey was lovely - we did mean to try walking it one day but just enjoyed the boat so much - so quick and convenient that we just couldn't pass it by!
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was so excited reading this ready to see the cheesecake... ha but I'll let you off because cold stone creamery is 😍😍😍 it's the first place I'll be going when we land ha!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Great photos, love the one of the Three Broomsticks. I didnt know about the bricks moving in Diagon Alley, wish I had I would have loved that.
You had a very full day today - park and a mall, we havent made it to cheesecake factory yet, but your food looks fantastic. Another fabulous day!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Loving your trip report so far!
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I totally agree with you about the Simpsons ride! When I was there in 2014 we queued what felt like forever, and I got really badly burnt as we queued outside. Last year, we had express passes, but we gave up queuing after about 40 minutes because we still hadn't got inside yet.
So many people were walking out and complaining and the member of staff just did not care at all, she was incredibly rude as well!

Going in May and will have to stick out the queue as by fiance loves the Simpsons and this is his first trip...needless to say, I am dreading it!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Great day and great photos. You should have got cheescake

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List