Old 26 Apr 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

A tale of land and sea - day 6

A tale of land and sea - day 6

Day 6 - Embarking on the Disney Dream & Royal Table

16th September 2016

Up and ready this morning so excited as we would be heading of on the Disney Dream today! eek

Down at breakfast for 9am ish. To be honest this wasn't great, quite bizarre actually! It was a help yourself type set up with tortillas, eggs, ham, salsa and pastries. We grabbed coffee and tried a few bits but it wasn't great so we retreated to the room and finished off the watermelon and juice from the evening before :-) much better!

Once done we headed down and checked out and then headed into the room designated for our transfer and Jack checked us in. Plenty of other people waiting too. A few more arrived and it was around 10:15am by now - we had a 10:45am port arrival time and were booked on the 10:30am shuttle - and Jack decided that there were enough people waiting to fill a shuttle so he decided to head out with us an a further driver would collect the remaining people.

Jack stacked all of our luggage onto the trailer and off we went! The trip to the port only took around 5-10 minutes and on route we spotted our new home...

Once off the bus, we just had to identify and confirm that our luggage was there (making sure to collect our hand luggage) and then we could head into the terminal. The Port Staff would arrange for our bags to make their way onto the ship. Jack had explained during the journey where to meet when we came back- points 2/3.

Sorry for the lack off photos so far - it gets better I promise!

We made our way towards the terminal building and just outside there was a first check - we just had to show our passports and online check in details. Cue panic- the nice lady couldn't find us on her list! No problem and it was soon sorted - our documents has our old cabin number on (we had been moved a couple of months prior as the old one was scheduled for maintenance).

Next up we headed into the terminal and trough security and bag check - this was quick and painless but it was quite amusing to hear the lady in front of me explaining why she was bringing handcuffs on board - she was an officer!

We joined the queue to check in...

The terminal building was still quite quiet and the queue moved very quickly. A lovely lady was soon issuing us with our key to the world cards and we were told that they would start allowing people to board from 11:30am/12 in groups - we were allocated to group 4 and were also given our first Navigator of the trip!

We spent some time wandering around the terminal, taking some pics and looking at the model of the Dream.

We then grabbed some seats and had a chat about our plans. We decided to pop to Guest Services once onboard an book onto a mixology class for the following day as we didn't plan to leave the ship while at Nassau and I had read a trippie (sorry I can't remember whose!) where they done the mixology class and it looked like fun!

We couldn't make up our mind whether to go and try to request a table for just the two of us or to take our chances with our allocated table mates - we went with the latter. Our allocated restaurant rotation was on the card - RAE - so that meant we were dining at the Royal Table this evening!

The terminal was so much busier by this point! Everyone was crowdng round at the front despite being called in groups so no need at all!

We were soon called and heading towards theMickey doorway!

Catching a close up glimpse of the ship as we passed over the bridge.

And soon we were insider with the bit I had been dreading - the walk onto the boat. So for anyone not sure you get announced onto the ship and there is a line of Cast Members standing and waiting to clap you aboard. Very embarassing but not as bad as I had imagined...

Wow - I just had to take a moment to take it all in - the ship was stunning!

The atrium and possibly the most photographed chandelier!

We had a wander spotting the theate and passing by the pool...

First stop, Cabanas! We decided to have a bit of brunch considering our disappointing breakfast this morning and to avoid it bring so busy! I was amazed by the choice, so much to pick from...

The view from our seats- looking outside

and inside...

And a few pics of the buffet:

And our food - Sophies (sorry not sure what she had!)

And mine - I had swordfish, chicken tenders, fried rice, mash & pasta, it doesn't look like much but the plates were huge. Everything was great and I especially loved the swordfish!

Next up was pudding! Again so much choice...
Sophie went for ice-cream and jello - no pic sorry and I had cheesecake and cranberry & berry pudding - YUM!

Once we were happy we had eaten our fill, we moved outside to the adult only pool area - bliss! Loved this area and spent the next few hours switching between the lounger and the shallow misting area :-)

I thought it would be rude not to order the cocktail of the day so quickly placed my order and Soph had a beer

Such a peaceful lovely day sitting in the mistin area of the pool with a lovely cocktail thinking about the days to come on the cruise and reminiscing about the amazing time we had at Universal.

I also went for a little wander upstairs and took a couple of pics up here

As we were on the 8:15pm dinner seating, we would be seeing the show at 6:15pm so at 5pm we headed in to check out our room and get ready.

Our room was beautiful - double bed, seating area, bathroom and separate toilet and the best bit, the balcony! Loved all the Disney touches - cue lots of room photos

I seem to have missed the sail away party from my notes but I have plenty of photos - we definitely attended and had a lovely time watching Mickey and gang dancing from above.

And as the horn sounded and we set sail we watched the land move further away and all of waved to the people watching on the shore.

Based on what I'm wearing in the next photo I think we must have headed up to the party and then back to the room to get changed before the show...

Cont in next post...
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

...Cont from previous post

Back to the room and a little bit of time on the balcony and some more room photos before heading back up for the evening!

The show this evening was the Golden Mickeys - this was really great! No photos as potography not allowed in the threate but the show was based around an awards show theme and was well worth a watch!

We then headed up to bingo! Wow - $40 later - expensive game of bingo!

For our $40 we got a set of paper cards and also an electronic tablet type thing which played 24 cards for each game. So we were told we had to stand when we were one number away from a win, so yep I was one number away, no way at all was I standing so I made Soph stand for me. We were one number away from a full house and $3,000, no-one else was standing and my number didnt come out! A man stood as he was one number away too and then his numbe came out - noooooo! I was gutted! Damn number 68!

Swallowing my disappointment we headed to dinner - Royal Table witth its french theme this evening!

The restaurant was beautiful but for some reason I have no pictures - I think maybe I was a little worried about sitting with strangers and didn't take any pictures before I sat down and then I was just too focused on food! We met our table mates, Heather and Ruth from Tenassee, close to Dollywood, and who were on a girls weekend (wish we could do a girls weekend on the Dream!) and Debbie and Heather a mother & daughter from Florida.

On to the food!

I also ordered a Double Crowned cocktail - AMAZING!

Bread service - loved the litte carriage this came in!

For starter I ordered the breaded and deep fried brie with orange & cranberry chutney - this was just ok and maybe a littlee bit bland.

Sophie ordered escargot which she said were ok but not the best - bit disappointing on starters...

Next up we both ordered th French Onion Soup - I wasn't sure whether or not to order another course but I just couldn't resist this and OMG it was AMAZING! I was soo glad I ordered this!

For mains we both ordered the lamb but I swaped the brussels (bleuch!) for asparags (yum!)! This was really good!

Next up - dessert!

I chose the mango cheesecake - this was really tasty although I was so full I didn't really enjoy it!

Sophie picked the Sweet Temptation - she said it was all fine but the mousse was a little dry. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have taken a photo of this one.

The restaurant was so pretty - before leaving I had a wander and took some photos:

We just had a wander around thee ship and had a quick look in the shops - so nice to just slowly stroll around and enjoy the atmosphere.

The halloween decorations were amazing!

While in the shops I bought a cruise line exclusive Disney pandora charm - I love this! It was around $50 plus tax and worth every penny !

By this point we were starting to flag so headed back to the cabin and off to sleep!

Edited at 09:04 PM.
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I got the little DCL heart charm but I really regret it and wish I had got the ship now! Just an excuse for another cruise.

I didn't know that Cabanas was open for lunch as soon as you board. We should have gone there, didn't particularly enjoy our Enchanted Garden lunch.

Bingo sounds fun, although definitely pricey!

I thought I was the only one dreading being announced onto the ship haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day

Joan
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Lovely first day on the cruise. It looks simply stunning and your room is so nice! Unlucky with the bingo! Looking forward to the next day
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I got the little DCL heart charm but I really regret it and wish I had got the ship now! Just an excuse for another cruise.

I didn't know that Cabanas was open for lunch as soon as you board. We should have gone there, didn't particularly enjoy our Enchanted Garden lunch.

Bingo sounds fun, although definitely pricey!

I thought I was the only one dreading being announced onto the ship haha.
Yes you def need another cruise for another charm - typing up this TR makes me want to book again!

Yes I think it was open pretty much as soon as we got on - was really great! We didn't have lunch anywhere but Cabanas - what did you get at Enchanted Garden?

OMG the announcement - I was so stressed out about that!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great day

Joan
Hi Joan,

Thanks for reading along and commenting!

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Lovely first day on the cruise. It looks simply stunning and your room is so nice! Unlucky with the bingo! Looking forward to the next day
Thank you!
The room was soo much better than I expected and the scenery everywhere we stopped was absolutely stunning as was the ship - totally spoiled and not sure how I would feel about a cruise with another cruise line!
Hopefully I will have the next day up shortly!
Old 1 May 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A lovely first day on the ship
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Disney Dream looks fabulous
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Lovely day! I love that feeling when you first get on the cruise ship - especially the Dream, its a stunner!

This time in three weeks i'll be back on DCL on our way to not quite so sunny alaska!

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A lovely first day on the ship
Thank you!

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Disney Dream looks fabulous
It was amazing! I was so in awe! Def beats the Thompson cruise ship I went on at 16!

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Lovely day! I love that feeling when you first get on the cruise ship - especially the Dream, its a stunner!

This time in three weeks i'll be back on DCL on our way to not quite so sunny alaska!
Thank you!
The Dream is definitely stunning!
I am so jealous of your Alaska cruise and guess you will be on there now hope you are having the most wonderful time!