Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Taking moms cat to the vets for the last time - update

I feel so sorry for my mom. My dad died earlier this year and she been on her own with her cat Ria.

It was dad’s birthday yesterday which was hard and today we are having to take Ria to the vets for the last time.

She has come to the end of her shelf life and it’s definitely the right thing to do it’s just such a shame for Mom with the timing and she is losing her friend of 17.5 years.

It’s the horrible part of having fur babies isn’t it?

Update: Got to moms and there is no way the cat is ready. She trotted up the hallway to see us, rolled around for fuss, had something to eat and drink. She was as bright as the proverbial button.

Massive argument when we said that we didn’t think she was ready to go which Mom turned to being about her not able to cope with the cat, she’d had enough etc. We offered to bring the cat back with us to look after her until it was her time and got a right mouthful. Don’t you touch my cat, how dare you, no way is she going back with you and your two cats etc.

She phoned my sister-in-law to say we wouldn’t support her and made her go over to take the cat to the vets as we wouldn’t.

So, we tipped our coffee down the sink and left. I’ve lost some respect for my mom as it was all about her and not about the cat.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

Edited at 07:29 PM.
DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh how awful. Nothing worse than losing a for baby especially one who has been with you so long and j guess who has been such a comfort to you mum in her hard times.

Thinking of you all today. 💗
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

So sorry to hear this-its very hard,but the best thing for your mum's darling cat.my oldest cat died rhis time last year she was almost 17-breaks your heart.thinking of you all
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Aw it's such a hard thing to do is'nt it? It seems like you are prepared ( or as prepared as you can be)
I had to have my 20year old PTS in February he had been ill with renal failure for 18 months so I knew the time would come sooner rather than later, and although you want them to hang on , you know when the time is right.

I swore we would'nt have any more but the house was so quiet and myself and DH love animals that we went to a rescue centre two weeks later and rescued two cats who needed love and care.

Sending you love and cyber hugs on your difficult day.
clare x
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So sorry to hear this, such a hard decision but the kindest one we can ever make for our babies. Maybe she might welcome a new baby at some point? Xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Aww so sorry to hear this x
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So so sorry 🤗 to u both xx
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

So sorry a hard decision to make
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

So sad for you all xc
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Thank you for your kind comments. It didn’t go quite as planned...
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List