Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Nov 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really enjoyed your report. Thanks for taking the time. We visited All Stars Music a few years ago and wouldn't hesitate to stay. Only reason we haven't is the free dining. If it ends then we will be there for certain.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Ooh so no DxDp and not that many ADRs for you next year (maybe...)- that'll be a change!

Offsite we like Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze, not very original I know as lots of people reccomend them! You should also check out the places at Citywalk for sure.

That last meal at Outback looked really good, it's been on my list to try!
I have wanted to eat at Bahama Breeze for years, we do like Olive Garden so those will be must-dos.

I'm sure Outback will be even better in their 'real' restaurant rather than the little one in the airport, we'll definitely be back, Nik was just talking about how good the wings were yesterday.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I've really enjoyed reading your report. Big changes for your next trip, it's interesting you've gone completely the other way to the QSDP.

Offsite we like Olive Garden, Chilis, Sweet Tomatoes, Millers and Outback. I also like California Pizza Kitchen although in Orlando I think the only one is at Mall at Millenia. I quite like Dennys for breakfast too. It's worth signing up on all the websites just before you leave as you normally get sent some good vouchers that way
Olive Garden, Millers and Chilis will be must-dos, I'm not sure how Nik would feel about Sweet Tomatoes but I'd like to try it, possibly for lunch one day.

We do plan on visiting Mall at Millenia actually as I really want to try Cheesecake Factory, I'll look up California Pizza Kitchen.

Thank you for the tip about the websites, I do love a bargain.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Thanks for finishing up and being so honest throughout your reviews. It will be interesting to see how your next trip compares to this one (and previous) food-wise. I think the Quick Service dining plan is a great option, there are so many options now and not just burgers, hot dogs and nuggets.

Good luck and enjoy planning the next trip - and if you want any hints and tips on the best offsite places, feel free to ask
I am happy you appreciate my honesty, I felt like I was a bit of a moan at times. I was SO excited to visit all the off-site places we went to this year so next year will be one huge adventure.

Thank you for reading, and bon voyage, have a wonderful time!

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Loved reading this, as ever! Your dining reports are my favourites!
Ah, that makes me so happy! Thank you for reading.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Enjoyed your reviews and photos.
I'm sure you will love more offsite eating. The all stars are so close to 192, you can cut down Sherbeth road and be there in 5 mins. We have stayed at All star movies twice when DD was small.
I'd recommend Ihop and Bob evans for breakfast nearby, plus there are lots of the usual chains like olive garden and longhorn just further down at rolling oaks.
We have done ddp, dxddp and then offsite budget $100 a day. We honestly enjoy them all.
We call Sherbeth Road the secret passage I hadn't thought about how convenient All-Stars was to it before now.

We'll definitely check out Bob Evans, it's somewhere that I've never really noticed before and now everyone's talking about it.

Thank you for reading, I'm going to have to go back over your budget reports to get some tips.

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your report. It has been really useful on helping me pick a few must does and probably don't does in advance of our first DDP trip next year.
I hope to hear all about your trip when you're back, glad I have helped you a little. Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post
I love reading your reports, partly as i dream of doing the deluxe DP. we all love signatures, but now that my girls are Disney Adults, i would reallygrudge the money. Only 6 years and we can leave them at home lol.

Next year is the our first DVC stay so we dont have the DDP, but may still add it on for a few nights. I like the prepaying of it, but do also like the idea of eating off site again!

SO much to choose from either way! xxx
Do the girls know you're planning to ditch them? DxDP is very, very expensive for a family, and it would be hard to get your money's worth.

If we were to do a DVC stay I imagine we would add on the DP, I agree about the convenience of it, I know I'd start penny pinching if I was paying OOP.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Really enjoyed your report. Thanks for taking the time. We visited All Stars Music a few years ago and wouldn't hesitate to stay. Only reason we haven't is the free dining. If it ends then we will be there for certain.
I am certain we'll love All-Stars, it is much more us than a Deluxe. I am also anticipating free dining ending so we'll be slumming it at the All-Stars for the foreseeable Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Cracker Barrell looked lovely and Outback, we were going to try Outback in the airport but decided against it. I've been dying to try one of those loaded jacket potatoes.

The DxDDP doesn't appear to be good value but as you say it's paid for before you go meaning you don't have to worry about it. It's good you managed to go offsite a few times too. In all honesty one my favourite meals was at Steak and Shake I'd definitely recommend it. It was $27 for 2 adult meals, 3 kids meals 3 shakes and 3 drinks! Madness compared to Disney ... we paid more than that for tips in restaurants at Disney.

Looking forward to the next trip, we had a little look at POFQ and it looked lovely, can't wait to hear what you decide on, thank you for a brilliant report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Olive Garden, Millers and Chilis will be must-dos, I'm not sure how Nik would feel about Sweet Tomatoes but I'd like to try it, possibly for lunch one day.

We do plan on visiting Mall at Millenia actually as I really want to try Cheesecake Factory, I'll look up California Pizza Kitchen.

Thank you for the tip about the websites, I do love a bargain.

Thank you for reading!
I think Sweet Tomatoes is definitely worth a try given it's so reasonably priced (especially with a voucher!), if you can persuade Nik.

Cheesecake Factory is somewhere else I'd like to go to as well, we've just never managed to make it. There are never enough meals to do everything!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a different report compared to last year. It's been really interesting reading about your meals, some just the two of you, some with your mum and some with your Granny and Aunty. Plus of course the mix of onsite and off site.

Whatever decision you make about sticking with qsdp or upgrading to DDP I hope you will consider sharing next year's food with us. It's kept us all entertained in the run up to Christmas and had been fascinating to read.

I'm sorry about your lost/cancelled ADRs at the beginning but then that seemed to lead to a lot more off site adventures and sparked an interest there so much so that you want to visit more offsite places next holiday.

It seems to me that one of your highlights were Tony's Town Square for the Festival of Fantasy parade and the food, Flying Fish certainly your guests seemed to enjoy it, perhaps Beaches and Cream. Could you narrow down to a top 5? Or did I miss that in the summing up! Sorry if I wasn't paying attention.

You always put a lot of effort into your report with links to menus and making sure we all have the information so that we can try to make our own decision alongside your review which I really appreciate as it must take an incredibly long time to put it all together. It takes me an age to write up, never mind inserting photos and uploading everything! So thank you for going to the trouble of putting all the extras in as well as giving us your thoughts.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Cracker Barrell looked lovely and Outback, we were going to try Outback in the airport but decided against it. I've been dying to try one of those loaded jacket potatoes.

The DxDDP doesn't appear to be good value but as you say it's paid for before you go meaning you don't have to worry about it. It's good you managed to go offsite a few times too. In all honesty one my favourite meals was at Steak and Shake I'd definitely recommend it. It was $27 for 2 adult meals, 3 kids meals 3 shakes and 3 drinks! Madness compared to Disney ... we paid more than that for tips in restaurants at Disney.

Looking forward to the next trip, we had a little look at POFQ and it looked lovely, can't wait to hear what you decide on, thank you for a brilliant report xx
Unless you eat exclusively TS then I don't think you'll ever break even on the DxDP, I think if I did a solo trip though I'd really get good value out of it.

I'm going to make myself a loaded baked potato for lunch this week, it was as good as it looked. The server said to me 'it comes with sour cream and cheese, is that okay?!' What kind of person would think that that wasn't okay?!

I've always wanted to try Steak and Shake, we'll definitely be there next year.

I really, really hope we manage to get POFQ but I can't see our luck changing now that free dining is finished.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a different report compared to last year. It's been really interesting reading about your meals, some just the two of you, some with your mum and some with your Granny and Aunty. Plus of course the mix of onsite and off site.

Whatever decision you make about sticking with qsdp or upgrading to DDP I hope you will consider sharing next year's food with us. It's kept us all entertained in the run up to Christmas and had been fascinating to read.

I'm sorry about your lost/cancelled ADRs at the beginning but then that seemed to lead to a lot more off site adventures and sparked an interest there so much so that you want to visit more offsite places next holiday.

It seems to me that one of your highlights were Tony's Town Square for the Festival of Fantasy parade and the food, Flying Fish certainly your guests seemed to enjoy it, perhaps Beaches and Cream. Could you narrow down to a top 5? Or did I miss that in the summing up! Sorry if I wasn't paying attention.

You always put a lot of effort into your report with links to menus and making sure we all have the information so that we can try to make our own decision alongside your review which I really appreciate as it must take an incredibly long time to put it all together. It takes me an age to write up, never mind inserting photos and uploading everything! So thank you for going to the trouble of putting all the extras in as well as giving us your thoughts.
There will definitely be a food report next year I am annoyed that it took me so long to start writing them as we've eaten so many places now I'd have almost reviewed everywhere.

I didn't include a top five, but I think they would be, in no particular order, Yachtsman, Mama Melrose, The Plaza, Beaches & Cream, and Tony's. I won't include breakfasts as I've come to think they are largely interchangeable. I think Tony's will be the only one of those we'll definitely do this year, although B&C is such good value it might sneak in.

I am going to try really hard to be strong and stick with QSDP, but once Christmas is out of the way and I've nothing else to plan for it might be a different story.

Thank you for being my cheerleader, and all of your advice prior to be posting, it is very much appreciated
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting, have enjoyed reading about all of your food. Very different to your previous trip but that’s not a bad thing. We stayed at POFQ this year and really enjoyed it but anywhere on Disney can be fun

Make sure you get to the Cheesecake Factory next time 😀
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Well I've caught up now from day 6 right to the bitter end now and it didn't disappoint - another fab report Colette - so detailed and so honest. I really think you need some sort of award for services to the Dibb for all the trying of new places and experiences, avoiding of temporary places, and the encouraging of the rest of your party to try and eat different meals for the sake of your readers!

I'm sorry that it didn't go totally to plan for you this time on the DxDP, sometimes its best to go with the flow especially when on holiday and I believe everything happens for a reason - you've now had a taste of something different with your off site trips and have a whole new list of places to research and shortlist for your next trip.

Although some places were a disappointment, it sounds like The Wave, Yachtsman, Tony's and the Flying Fish were not.

I'm interested to find out what plans you eventually settle on for your next trip, and I hope when you go, you'll be taking us all along for the ride with another report - QSDP & Off Site here you come!

Diane x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Love your trip reports and just spend a fab few nights catching up on it, you use take so much time to do it so thanks so much. I never did get round to doing mine, missed the second photos and then that was it!
You had a right mixed bag of food. We’re staying offsite next year and only doing Disney for the Halloween party I think, so the first few days I was really regretting this decision with all your restaurants but then when you went offsite it made me remember how many restaurant’s I like.
What a rotten number of signature restaurants you had, especially HBD, we loved that a few years ago but since then the menu has never appealed. At the opposite end we did H&V in 2011 and it was awful so swore never to return but did this year and it was fab.
We (rather I as husband never listens) cancelled the package at Tony’s but your food looked fab although as a non cheese person I might struggle.
Sometime (even just a couple of nights renting dvc points) stay at beach club as it is amazing. I’ve never fancied contemporary but that view you had was amazing.
I’m so gutted to have finished reading, your TR’s always make me feel like I’ve been with you!
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Thanks for doing the top 5. I'd forgotten about Mama Melrose...Oh you're making this so hard for me. I've now got less than 70 days until I can make ADRs which is crazy isn't it? I've got to start getting serious about narrowing stuff down. The reality is it's not going to get thought about properly until after Christmas. In the meantime I just keep adding ideas to my list and not actually narrowing down at all!

Also, it's so easy to be your cheerleader as you're awesome! I hope you get told that frequently by 'real' people and not just 'fake' online people.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List