Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Oh wasn't it the best. We like you adored when you were coming out of the parks, that little slip road, that nobody used as most were going the other way and we were home in what seemed liked no time. We too went when it was 2$ to the pound. So few parks, you could do so many other things... no real queues, no military planning and eat where you wanted. Those were the best days. Also Horizons and World of Motion at Epcot with the wonderful Fountainview Bakery. The simple days, it all seemed so much more magical. Plus, as soon as the holiday finished we booked another, now its just too busy and too regimented.
We loved the hotel, did you stay when there was that huge piece of land next door. When you got a room that side, it was so lovely and peaceful to have a coffee or just to stand and look how peaceful it all was.
Pineapple Petes for Breakfast... the best Canadian bacon ever.
The little amusement arcade that had the running track etc.. that you used to have to do with two fingers like a mad man...

I think if the hotel was still the same, we would have stayed no where else.
Did you go to Splendid China, when it first opened... it was beyond breathtaking… ?

x
Golly you're taking me back to our honeymoon in 1986 and first trip with the boys in 1996. Our Thomsons welcome meeting was in Splendid China. Yes I agree parks were so quiet, longest queue was 30 minutes, no queues for the characters, we just walked right up to them. River country was perfect. Our hotel was the Howard Johnson Fountain Park ( now the Red Lion) Happy days.
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As we sat in traffic yesterday I remember going home in 1992 and telling everyone how wonderful the roads were and how you didn't get stuck in traffic jams! Oh the irony!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I got the Jungle book maxi dress today. And I absolutely love it!

It's a perfect fit, the length is to the ankle with a tie at the back of the neck. The waist is elasticated at the back so it's comfortable. You wouldn't realise it was a Disney dress unless you looked closely.

I'd recommend it. I also managed to get a 15% discount code online which brought it down to £72. I've gone through Quidco which is supposed to give me 8% back but not sure wether it'll work as its not tracked.

Have you got your new dress Nicksgirl? I really hope you like it?

Kat 😃
Its come ! Its come ! Its come !

Oh Kat, I absolutely adore it, hubs loves it too, only one gripe I am a bit Nelly Knockers in it... however I have lost nearly a stone and a half now, so if I keep on with my diet hopefully I will go down a few Bra sizes.
Its gorgeous, a real statement piece, even the bow which I thought I might tie at the back looks great in the front, at the back and at the side.

Really really pleased, can not wait to wear it now. They are lovely dresses.

Now...…. the dress I saw at the Airport... how much was that dress again...…. September at the Airport... perhaps perhaps perhaps...…
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh Kat, I absolutely adore it, hubs loves it too, only one gripe I am a bit Nelly Knockers in it... however I have lost nearly a stone and a half now, so if I keep on with my diet hopefully I will go down a few Bra sizes.
Its gorgeous, a real statement piece, even the bow which I thought I might tie at the back looks great in the front, at the back and at the side.

Now...…. the dress I saw at the Airport... how much was that dress again...…. September at the Airport... perhaps perhaps perhaps...…
Does it flare from the waist or drop a bit first if you know what I mean?

Don't want to derail your thread but thanks for recommending Sofitel, wasn't brave enough to order curry but we both had the jerk beef which was gorgeous!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Does it flare from the waist or drop a bit first if you know what I mean?

Don't want to derail your thread but thanks for recommending Sofitel, wasn't brave enough to order curry but we both had the jerk beef which was gorgeous!
Its not that flared as I thought it was, that's why I think the bow works in the front, but I prefer it at the side, looks a bit like those retro dresses but not too flouncy. I was convinced it would have to go back.

We were a little disappointed with the Chinese Restaurant this time, I know it has changed hands but it was pretty average for us. They no longer do the Jungle curry and it came to around £80 and it really wasn't worth it. I adore the Sofitel though, the Cocktails were gorgeous especially the Lychee one.
We always have the same room and we love the hotel, however, in September we are giving the Bloc a chance with parking, not sure where we will eat this time.
Might go back to Thyme at the Premier North. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That’s fab news. Glad you like it! Its so nice when something is as nice on as you hoped it would be. 👍🏻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Its not that flared as I thought it was, that's why I think the bow works in the front, but I prefer it at the side, looks a bit like those retro dresses but not too flouncy. I was convinced it would have to go back.

We were a little disappointed with the Chinese Restaurant this time, I know it has changed hands but it was pretty average for us. They no longer do the Jungle curry and it came to around £80 and it really wasn't worth it. I adore the Sofitel though, the Cocktails were gorgeous especially the Lychee one.
We always have the same room and we love the hotel, however, in September we are giving the Bloc a chance with parking, not sure where we will eat this time.
Might go back to Thyme at the Premier North. x
We had a really good deal,we got Maple meet and greet parking, room and evening meal for £289. When we checked in we got our meal "invitation" and saw we could upgrade it so we went fully prepared to do that, however the "holiday special" menu was so good we had it. In addition to jerk beef I had vanilla bean creme brulee and Dave had pot of chocolate. I wished I had taken photos as they were beautifully presented but I'm not in habit of doing it so didnt think.
Still spent £43 on two wines, 2beers, a tea and a coffee though.

Edited to add champagne and glasses came with us!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190625_182249153_HDR.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	65354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190625_191649834.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	65355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190625_204100586.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	65356  

Edited at 03:24 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 27 Jun 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

By the way I asked about dress because I really wanted the reversible Joe Brown dresses for my holiday (how practical is that?) but the fit and flare didn't start to flare high enough for me.
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We had a really good deal,we got Maple meet and greet parking, room and evening meal for £289. When we checked in we got our meal "invitation" and saw we could upgrade it so we went fully prepared to do that, however the "holiday special" menu was so good we had it. In addition to jerk beef I had vanilla bean creme brulee and Dave had pot of chocolate. I wished I had taken photos as they were beautifully presented but I'm not in habit of doing it so didnt think.
Still spent £43 on two wines, 2beers, a tea and a coffee though.

Edited to add champagne and glasses came with us!
OMG, I don't know how you managed it, I still had my stomach bug so could only manage the starter combo and the main. That's a great deal, we always seem to pay through the nose. But I do adore our room, my favourite.
x

Edited at 05:51 PM.
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

By the way I asked about dress because I really wanted the reversible Joe Brown dresses for my holiday (how practical is that?) but the fit and flare didn't start to flare high enough for me.
I love Joe Browns Jackets, the tweed ones are my fav for winter. x