Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Flight Cancelled - Info on Phi Airport required!

Woke up to news flight today at 18.25 over here with BA to Lgw cancelled. Have secured flights tomorrow - I hope - on codeshare with AA MCO to Philadelphia then Philly to Dublin then Dublin to Glasgow. Looking for any help re process e.g will bags go right through, means of changing terminals in Philly and assume will do passport control in Dublin? Any help appreciated - was already feeling that we are close to final Orlando trip for various other factors and this might be the deciding factor.
Hope all others impacted by cancellation tonight are getting alternatives sorted.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We did MCO - PHL - DUB last year with AA and bags went all the way through.
At Philly we just walked from the landing gate to the departure gate. It's about 10-15 minutes. We didn't leave the terminal at all. Walked past all the shops and restaurants to reach departure gate. I researched Philly airport before we arrived so knew roughly where to go.
Did clear immigration at Dublin which was easy as a EU citizen whereas most of the other passengers were US citizens.
We had to collect our luggage as we were transferring to Ryanair for the flight to Edinburgh.
If your flight from Dublin is with Aer Lingus (Stobart Air) I think they go from Terminal 2 which is where you arrive with AA.
Hopefully your luggage will be booked all the way through.
Have a safe journey.
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. Very helpful
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

If your previous booking was MCO-LGW-GLA on one ticket and BA has rebooked you MCO-PHL-DUB-GLA, bags will be checked and tagged through to GLA from MCO, you shouldn’t see them until GLA.

PHL is one of the better airports for connecting, especially on a return. It’s all one building, the “terminals” are really just concourses. The PHL-DUB flight will likely depart from A-West gates, the domestic could arrive at A, C or D gates. The walk between concourses is anything from 2 mins to 15, there are also moving walkways between them.

Yes, you will clear immigration at DUB, just follow the flight connection signs on arrival. Assuming bags are checked through, you don’t have to go through the main immigration hall, there is another connections route down a flight of steps (behind you as you look at the main immigration hall) that takes you to connections immigration, after which you are straight into the T2 departures area.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
If your previous booking was MCO-LGW-GLA on one ticket and BA has rebooked you MCO-PHL-DUB-GLA, bags will be checked and tagged through to GLA from MCO, you shouldn’t see them until GLA.

PHL is one of the better airports for connecting, especially on a return. It’s all one building, the “terminals” are really just concourses. The PHL-DUB flight will likely depart from A-West gates, the domestic could arrive at A, C or D gates. The walk between concourses is anything from 2 mins to 15, there are also moving walkways between them.

Yes, you will clear immigration at DUB, just follow the flight connection signs on arrival. Assuming bags are checked through, you don’t have to go through the main immigration hall, there is another connections route down a flight of steps (behind you as you look at the main immigration hall) that takes you to connections immigration, after which you are straight into the T2 departures area.
Thank you. Looks like today the domestic arrived B9 and will depart to Dublin from A20 so all looks reasonable on map. Its American Airlines first 2 flights and then Stobart Air last leg. All booked for me on phone this morning by BA contact centre and I was on 1 ticket Gla-lgw-mco and return.
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope the return goes well today.

And on return, don't forget to claim for the delay, the 600 euros a person will come in handy for your next trip and go towards softening the delay.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
Thank you. Looks like today the domestic arrived B9 and will depart to Dublin from A20 so all looks reasonable on map. Its American Airlines first 2 flights and then Stobart Air last leg. All booked for me on phone this morning by BA contact centre and I was on 1 ticket Gla-lgw-mco and return.
Yes, should be around there. I flew PHL-DUB last week and it went from A26. B to A West isn't far at PHL, even if you arrive into D, it isn't more than 10 mins walk. If you want to eat during the connection, the main food court is between the B and C gates (along with most shops), though all the concourses have some outlets.

Do bear in mind that for the last sector, due to the size of the aircraft, Stobart Air has more restrictive cabin baggage allowances than AA and BA. I don't know how rigorously it is enforced. Details here (see the regional allowance section):

aerlingus/travel-inf...cabin-baggage/

Safe travels.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

My home airport! Enjoy PHL.

Don't worry...I travel a good bit for work and although I am biased - PHL really is one of the easier airports to navigate in my view. Terminals A-B-C-D-E are all logically connected. F is the only outlier terminal, but flying to MCO you won't have to deal with F; that is for much smaller regional flights.

Check out a PHL map online for a minute or two and you are all set. Nothing is all that far apart.

Keep your eye out for the Lego Liberty Bell in Term A
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all. Out of the villa in 30 mins. All goes to plan, through my front door at 6pm uk time Saturday!
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

DD was supposed to be on that cancelled flight.
They sent her an text about midnight.
She flew indirect via Philadelphia into Heathrow not Gatwick a day late.
Just checked her flight and its landed. Anyhow BA notified her of the flight change.
I managed to extend her stay at AKL. What a kerfuffle!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List