Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Mar 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazza94
Getting to know the DIBB

Virgin Holidays offer

I have just had the following WhatsApp message from Virgin Holidays.

You can amend without any amendment fees up until the end of April 2021. You can cancel without charge, and hold the payment so you're able to come back within 12 months and rebook a new package and use this payment. If you would like to cancel it would be the terms and conditions of the booking that were sent out in your original documentation. You will need to contact your travel insurance provider to claim your refund. We will issue a cancellation invoice to support your claim.

After some advice. Should I take the cancellation invoice and start a claim with my travel insurance or wait till virgin cancel my holiday and start a claim with them?
Gazza94 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When are you due to go?
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gazza94 View Post
I have just had the following WhatsApp message from Virgin Holidays.

You can amend without any amendment fees up until the end of April 2021. You can cancel without charge, and hold the payment so you're able to come back within 12 months and rebook a new package and use this payment. If you would like to cancel it would be the terms and conditions of the booking that were sent out in your original documentation. You will need to contact your travel insurance provider to claim your refund. We will issue a cancellation invoice to support your claim.

After some advice. Should I take the cancellation invoice and start a claim with my travel insurance or wait till virgin cancel my holiday and start a claim with them?

If / when Virgin cancel your holiday then they will have to give you a full refund . We are in the same situation to the tune of 11k ! VH want people to cancel and use insurance so they don’t have to pay out.
We are going to wait for our trip to be cancelled because I am sure it will be ... if we cancel and claim insurance the max is £5000 each so we would lose money , and why should VH keep my money for a holiday not provided .
You wouldn’t pay Curries for a TV you never got ...
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazza94
Getting to know the DIBB

We were due to go on 9th April.
Gazza94 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Emirates Holidays cancelled our holiday Tuesday , should have gone to Dubai today , we were told would have to claim on Travel Insurance .

Edited at 09:54 PM.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Disgusting customer service from Virgin Holidays. We’ve used them several times but won’t be booking with them again.
What did they do, or not do?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m confused. I assumed that if your holiday was cancelled which surely it is as the 9th April is in the USA no fly time then they have to give you a refund. It’s law. There is a paragraph somewhere

Erm...
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

this

The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018

Termination of the package travel contract by the organiser

13.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.

(2) Paragraph (3) applies where—

(a)the number of persons enrolled for the package is smaller than the minimum number stated in the contract and the organiser notifies the traveller of the termination of the contract within the period fixed in the contract but not later than—
(i)in the case of trips lasting more than 6 days, 20 days before the start of the package;
(ii)in the case of trips lasting between 2 and 6 days, 7 days before the start of the package;
(iii)in the case of trips lasting less than 2 days, 48 hours before the start of the package; or

(b)the organiser is prevented from performing the contract because of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances and notifies the traveller of the termination of the contract without undue delay before the start of the package.

(3) The organiser—
(a)may terminate the package travel contract and provide the traveller with a full refund of any payments made for the package;
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Also section 9 on virgins terms and conditions online

9.2. You can cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, or the carriage of passengers to your destination, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. In such circumstances, we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

I’m going to get a full refund if they can’t fly me in mid May
Old 19 Mar 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Mobile

I know exactly what I would do with that “offer” I would be letting the know in no uncertain terms that they may start swimming to my local court in Northern Ireland and ask them to explain it to the judge...

Bloody chancers. I am due to go 1st July. If they try that with me they won’t have a good day...
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List