Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

BA change of departure airport - can i get a refund?

Hi everyone,

I believe that BA are not going to be flying from Gatwick to Orlando in December this year and as we don't want to travel out of Heathrow, will we be entitled to a refund? Not too sure how this all works... we booked direct with BA for our flights.

Thank you
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lydsabug View Post
Hi everyone,

I believe that BA are not going to be flying from Gatwick to Orlando in December this year and as we don't want to travel out of Heathrow, will we be entitled to a refund? Not too sure how this all works... we booked direct with BA for our flights.

Thank you
You will have to wait until a definite announcement is made about what is going to happen to your BA flight. Once the details are confirmed then it can be looked at in more detail - if the situation ends up similar to what is happening with Virgin at the moment then it should be possible to obtain a refund.

If you try to cancel now all you will get back will be a small amount of TFC's.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Until it’s confirmed you will still be flying from Gatwick, if it changed BA will give you options of what you can do
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi everyone,

Thank you
I'm sure that the BA moving from LGW to LHR chatter was based on a leaked (intentional?) internal memo from the CEO. Unlike the VS announcement which was an official press release.

I've had an email from BA saying our Nov flight is still from LGW and we've booked next April from LGW as well. I know that things can change but I'm not booking overnight hotel and car parking at LHR yet until I hear officially. Flown from LGW to Florida about 30 times and it's very familiar to us and happy to stay there even though we pass LHR on the way.

Mick

PS Having had last April cancelled I'll willingly accept LHR if I have to. Just need to research hotels on the Bath Road and car parking

Edited at 08:03 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Hi everyone,

Thank you
If you read the T&C's of your current booking it will tell you if BA consider a change in departure airport as a major change and therefore result in you getting a refund. Currently though BA will be flying from LGW so its a mute question.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

At this moment in time, there are no flights being re allocated to LHR from LGW.
I always thought that was a negotiating tool for better costs to use Gatwick.
Until any flight is actually moved you. Can cancel, but lose your deposit
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

If BA do cancel flights from LGW, will they move/offer LGW at same price?
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mick

PS Having had last April cancelled I'll willingly accept LHR if I have to. Just need to research hotels on the Bath Road and car parking
Hi Mick have had an email from Premier inn this week with offers, we too go in November and I priced an 'overnighter' on Bath road at £39! bargain!
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kraftikris View Post
Hi Mick have had an email from Premier inn this week with offers, we too go in November and I priced an 'overnighter' on Bath road at £39! bargain!
Thanks for this.

Premier Inn are one of the good guys in all this Covid business. They allowed me to move my non-flex booking at the LGW north terminal from when we should have gone in April to November without penalty.

Still hoping to use it.

Mick
Old 13 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wubbster View Post
If BA do cancel flights from LGW, will they move/offer LGW at same price?
Presume you’re asking if BA will offer LHR at the same price. If you have an LGW booking and the flight is moved to go from LHR, yes (assuming there was availability) being moved to LHR would be one of the available options, and there would be no additional charge.

The other options would be cancellation or other reroute, though any reroute offered would almost certainly be indirect (a reroute on Virgin would be almost impossible to get from BA in advance).
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List