Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Play the VS move your seat game

Got to love Virgin Sometimes.

Went into our November booking and surprise surprise, the seat numbers had changed.

Aircraft is still showing as an A330–300 so no change there, but the choose your seat diagramme looks different, I don’t mean the cabin looks different, just the drawing of the cabin does.

Instead of being in seats 1A and 2A on the way back, we are now in 7A and 8A, not too bad, still the right side of the cabin I.e. only looking at a small wall, not other passengers, but I don’t see why they changed lol

So, anyone going in November, check your seats as they might have entered you too into the move your seat for no reason game
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Instead of being in seats 1A and 2A on the way back, we are now in 7A and 8A, not too bad, still the right side of the cabin I.e. only looking at a small wall, not other passengers, but I don’t see why they changed lol
Don't you mean left

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
So, anyone going in November, check your seats as they might have entered you too into the move your seat for no reason game
Applies to anyone in December too, we noticed yesterday our seats for our Xmas trip had been changed. It's weird, still says aircraft type A330-300 on the manage my booking page but X3D on the funny looking seat map.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

I imagine VA are more interested in if the flight will actually be going, from what airport and on what type of plane currently rather than what seat you are sat in.
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
StonesThree
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally we were flying from Gatwick and I logged in asap to reserve a 2 seater straightaway for both directions. Then it moved to Heathrow and I logged into that flight for the first time to find that only 2 seats were left unreserved. At opposite ends of the plane. For both flights.

So I keep logging in every day as seats might free up as people cancelled and on Sat I was rewarded for my efforts. Half the plane was now unreserved. Assumed a mass cancellation of some kind. So I managed to get us sat next to each other both ways. That evening my wife asked what seats I booked so I logged back in... and its all gone screwy. Now every seat is booked out and our selections have gone. Whats worse it now only shows 1 seat as being free to reserve! Something has gone seriously wrong somewhere.

Sent a snotty email to customer support but I don't expect a helpful response tbh. This was my first flight with Virgin and its looking to be my last.
StonesThree is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
I imagine VA are more interested in if the flight will actually be going, from what airport and on what type of plane currently rather than what seat you are sat in.
So why are they wasting time moving us about then I wonder.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

They had done this on our August flights before cancelling them, originally we were booked on the new style plane on our inbound flight, I'd chosen the couples joined seats in the middle of row 1, with the window seat nearest it for DS. Of course the change to LHR put us on the old style plane with rows and they'd allocated us seats as near to the front as possible.

I'd been really looking forward to trying the new style layout! ah well.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've got flights in December too and have moved us for both flights to seats 1a and 2a. We're happy with those just hoping that the flights still go.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jetflyer
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Try to look at seatgru this has the seat layout. Just choose the right aircraft type as VS have several different types of A.330.
There's also a lot of rumours that the A.330 will be withdrawn so it could mean A 350 or B.787
jetflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Don't you mean left

-Steve
I do lol
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List