Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Dentist charging for ppe

My wife has recently received a letter off her dentist, stating that whenever treatment is required, they will be making an extra charge to cover the cost of ppe.
The letter doesn’t say how much, but that the cost will vary depending on what treatment is being given.
It’s a private practice, not that that should make any difference.
Has anyone else had something similar?
Surely the practice should stand the cost of their own protective equipment.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

A lot of dentist are doing this near us - £15 seems to be an average fee
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I think the Practice should absorb the cost. Never met a poor Dentist yet!

I can only relate to where my Wife and I go and it's a modern surgery and the Dentist for many years has been wearing gloves and a full shield face mask if he is drilling. If not then just a paper type one.

One assumes they will be disinfecting surfaces etc after each patient but lets be honest that wont be lasting long as the virus continues to abate.

I am awaiting with interest what my Practice does with my monthly payments as they have now been shut since March. Not good enough. They could have been doing check ups and other treatments as it is only high speed water based procedures that produce spray that are banned.

In summary I don't think any cost should be passed on.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think the Practice should absorb the cost. Never met a poor Dentist yet!

I can only relate to where my Wife and I go and it's a modern surgery and the Dentist for many years has been wearing gloves and a full shield face mask if he is drilling. If not then just a paper type one.

One assumes they will be disinfecting surfaces etc after each patient but lets be honest that wont be lasting long as the virus continues to abate.

I am awaiting with interest what my Practice does with my monthly payments as they have now been shut since March. Not good enough. They could have been doing check ups and other treatments as it is only high speed water based procedures that produce spray that are banned.

In summary I don't think any cost should be passed on.

Totally agree, this extra cost could prevent someone going to the dentist until absolutely necessary which goes against preventive work
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

I think our dentist has said £7.50 charge for a checkup and £30 if your appointment involves drilling etc. Similar surcharges were mentioned on the BBC when they were talking to people the other day. I think the dentist they spoke to said the cost to them of their normal ppe had increased due to general demand and also they can only see say 1 person per hour instead of 6 due to cleaning in between.

I suppose at least if they do need a contribution to extra running costs/drop in income, then this charge can be dropped or reduced later as capacity goes up. If they just put prices up, particularly the private practices, then they may not put them down again later.

It’s not going to help the lower income homes. I wonder if they are making this charge when seeing children? That could create another problem in a few years if fillings and check ups are missed
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain

Edited at 08:04 AM.
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m at a private practice and in fact went a couple of time’s last week and there was no additional charge for PPE.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Omg, its pricey enough without even more additional costs!
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Wouldn’t be happy paying that much extra. Our dentist already wears masks and gloves so surely not much more ppe is required. Unlike say a hairdressers that’s had to start it all from scratch.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have also had a letter but with no actual costs identified so no idea what it might cost. We were miffed as already pay a hefty monthly fee as have private cover 😳

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

My orthodontist told me it would be £7 for adults and no charge for children.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List