Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 20, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
The minute I found out they had lied, Id have dumped them like a hot potato. Far too many dreamers in property market.
Hope it gets sorted
Thank you, I wish we had dropped them, I just feel like such an idiot for trusting them!
Old 18 Oct 20, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

I just can’t see it all coming good. The problem is we haven’t seen another house that we like. I just feel it’s been a huge waste of money and the plan was to save money by downsizing and reducing our mortgage. I thought we had these people checked out. I’m not convinced their solicitor/estate agent is telling the whole truth either, the story keeps changing!
Old 18 Oct 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I 'm a secretary in the coneyancing department of a firm of solicitors. A lot of transactions are taking longer than normal as many organisations, including motgage lenders, are operating with a skeleton staff. We get a lot of earache from disgruntled clients who are waiting to move but there is nothing we can do. Probate purchases are the worst as Grants of Probate are taking longer because of skeleton staff. Same with the Land Registry, queries are taking longer because of lack of staff.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I 'm a secretary in the coneyancing department of a firm of solicitors. A lot of transactions are taking longer than normal as many organisations, including motgage lenders, are operating with a skeleton staff. We get a lot of earache from disgruntled clients who are waiting to move but there is nothing we can do. Probate purchases are the worst as Grants of Probate are taking longer because of skeleton staff. Same with the Land Registry, queries are taking longer because of lack of staff.
I appreciate it must be really difficult for you at the moment. My problem is if our buyers had told the truth there may have been an option to give more time. They said they didn’t need to sell and that finances were all in place, both of these things have turned out to be wrong. It was them that suggested a moving date and I don’t think they started looking at mortgages until their house was under offer. It’s just so frustrating when people lie and then let things get so far down the line. Our house went under offer at the beginning of August, we had other offers but everyone else needed to sell so the people we accepted looked reasonably safe on paper. They have just not been truthful!
Wait and see is all we can do now, I don’t fancy having our house up for sale over winter, and I’m supposed to start a university course in January😢
Old 25 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
We were due to try again and move on 3rd November however I think this is going to fall through as well. I’m so upset, I know it’s not life and death but I loved the house we were supposed to go to. I’ve never moved to a house that doesn’t need work done and have never had that “wow” feeling when looking round😢
I’m really mad with our buyers, why do people carry on with the sham when there is no way they can afford to pay the money. It’s bad enough if it all falls through quickly but to keep the whole chain hanging on is really unfair😢

Edited at 06:09 PM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

In my experience, bought and sold a fair few houses. This behaviour has always happened, it is the job of the estate agent to check how viable the purchasers are in terms of their financial position.

This exact things happened to me about 12 years ago, so definitely it a new thing. First they were cash buyers and then the sale fell through as they couldn’t get a mortgage 😳
They do say moving house is one of the most stressful things and I agree.
Hope you get sorted soon.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Feel for you, big hugs. Agree with pp though. We sold for full asking price on first day and took it off market as agreed. EA said they had mortgage and weren’t selling - bingo we thought! Unfortunately 4 weeks down the line turned out they had lied to mortgage broker and couldn’t buy it😡 in the meantime we had found place we wanted. We ended up knocking down our price to get the pickiest buyers ever but summer hols by then and no one else was buying. On the up side a year later and best thing we ever did despite everything. Good luck and hope it all comes together for you xxx
Old 25 Oct 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
In my experience, bought and sold a fair few houses. This behaviour has always happened, it is the job of the estate agent to check how viable the purchasers are in terms of their financial position.

This exact things happened to me about 12 years ago, so definitely it a new thing. First they were cash buyers and then the sale fell through as they couldn’t get a mortgage 😳
They do say moving house is one of the most stressful things and I agree.
Hope you get sorted soon.
Thanks, I just need to get my head round the fact that this happens now and the fact it didn’t used to happen in Scotland is irrelevant! I’m obviously too honest, I wouldn’t have the nerve to say we had the money then cross my fingers and hope I find £500k down the back of the sofa🤪.
We just need to keep going and fingers crossed sell and find something else we like.
Old 25 Oct 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Feel for you, big hugs. Agree with pp though. We sold for full asking price on first day and took it off market as agreed. EA said they had mortgage and weren’t selling - bingo we thought! Unfortunately 4 weeks down the line turned out they had lied to mortgage broker and couldn’t buy it😡 in the meantime we had found place we wanted. We ended up knocking down our price to get the pickiest buyers ever but summer hols by then and no one else was buying. On the up side a year later and best thing we ever did despite everything. Good luck and hope it all comes together for you xxx
Thanks, we are going to go back to the other people who put in a bid and see what they say, worst that can happen is they tell us to take a running jump🤞If all else fails it’s back on the market!
Old 25 Oct 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I really feel for you, sadly some people aren’t truthful .
our buyers strung us along for months telling us they were cash buyers and they weren’t , they were so convincing even my solicitor believed them at first.

They weren’t young and naive which could be an excuse in the end I gave them an ultimatum and they came up with the cash then demanded I move on Christmas Eve !
Not on your life they waited until after Christmas or I pull the sale after 7 months of being messed around.
I hope things go well for you and you get your sale as soon as possible .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List