Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Dec 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Do you panic last minute and buy more presents?

I had a £200 limit for my kids which has gone out the window, sending back cyber punk as it’s got issues and bought ds a cheaper game. I panic bought him a new superdry hat a scarf from next to make up the difference of the game. Then just bought my sister and niece candles and reed diffusers to go with their presents. Thank heavens for next to buy last minute goodies, help me I’m out of control!
What about others ?
Old 19 Dec 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Despite my wife’s £10 superdrug gift card, I was in Sainsbury's after 7am this morning (shelves fully stocked) and I also bought her some after eight mints (£2), so she is going to be over the moon when she opens them.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes every year. Always buy my kids and outfit /clothes snd realised I hadn’t so dashed out yesterday for an outfit for each of them.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Nope, not bought anything yet. Will sort it out after I finish work at 2pm on Xmas Eve.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Yep... both my 'kids' are in their twenties now. Spend more now than when they were little. Just added a coat to DD's pile and some lounge wear to DS's pile. Really need to stop
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Despite my wife’s £10 superdrug gift card, I was in Sainsbury's after 7am this morning (shelves fully stocked) and I also bought her some after eight mints (£2), so she is going to be over the moon when she opens them.
I’m sure she’s going to kick you over the moon when she opens them!
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not this year , DS moved in with his partner in October and we covered his deposit.
DD passed her driving test in October too and we bought her a car and year’s insurance!
Eldest DD just starting out with a baking business so we have bought her a Kitchen Aid Mixer

Think all 3 have had early Christmas this year
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Every single year! DH was adamant that as DD is now 20 (21 on NYE) we shouldn’t buy her as much. Every year I wrap it all and he says that doesn’t look much 🙄 So on Thursday I ordered her some Jimmy Choo sock trainer things, she been looking at them and they went in the sale and this morning a new dressing gown. We finish work Monday so no doubt more shops will be visited.

We do the same for her birthday as I always buy her pressies before and then get extras in the sale.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Every single year! DH was adamant that as DD is now 20 (21 on NYE) we shouldn’t buy her as much. Every year I wrap it all and he says that doesn’t look much 🙄 So on Thursday I ordered her some Jimmy Choo sock trainer things, she been looking at them and they went in the sale and this morning a new dressing gown. We finish work Monday so no doubt more shops will be visited.

We do the same for her birthday as I always buy her pressies before and then get extras in the sale.
Our youngest DD is also 20 and my DH is exactly the same with her , he can’t help it . I understand though as I was the baby in my family and I got a whole lot more than my siblings
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Our youngest DD is also 20 and my DH is exactly the same with her , he can’t help it . I understand though as I was the baby in my family and I got a whole lot more than my siblings
Luckily we’ve only got the one! I also think when he saw the two big sacks of presents she has bought us he felt guilty. We keep telling her to put her money towards a house deposit but she is very happy here 😂
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List