Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 16, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all your input everyone.

I've been a bit busy the last few days as it was our twins 18th on Sunday, so haven't had a chance to look at all your suggestions.

I'm sure more questions will follow once I've had a look around

Oct 1993 Grovesnor Resort
Aug 1994 Kissimee Villa / Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
Oct 1996 Half Moon Beach Club, Sarasota / Buena Vista Palace
Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Oct / Nov 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 Old Key West / Royal Pacific Resort
August 2013 Hard Rock Hotel / Old Key West Trip Report
August 2016 Hard Rock Hotel / Saratoga Springs Trip Report - Complete!
September 2017 New York Pre-Trip
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We are cruise converts having done 3 in the last 4 years and one booked for next year.
The western med is a popular destination for a week long cruise, our first 2 cruises were to the med.
NCL do a weekly cruise around the med on the Epic for most of the summer at a reasonable price.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 16, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread, but DH and I had our first cruise this year, and are hoping to go again next year, and would appreciate some input, please!

We went on a one-week fly cruise with P&O to the Med, and we're inclined to go with P&O again, but I'm tempted to try a different cruise line to compare.

Ideally, we'd like something at a similar price to P&O's fly cruises, but would be interested in any ships with a more informal feel to things We prefer the freedom of a buffet (fixed dining at a shared table wouldn't appeal to us), and we like having the tips added automatically. Don't want to feel we're paying a fortune for drinks.

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
NCL do a weekly cruise around the med on the Epic for most of the summer at a reasonable price.
Are NCL good for the above?

Any other suggestions?

Edited at 04:11 PM.
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread, but DH and I had our first cruise this year, and are hoping to go again next year, and would appreciate some input, please!

We went on a one-week fly cruise with P&O to the Med, and we're inclined to go with P&O again, but I'm tempted to try a different cruise line to compare.

Ideally, we'd like something at a similar price to P&O's fly cruises, but would be interested in any ships with a more informal feel to things We prefer the freedom of a buffet (fixed dining at a shared table wouldn't appeal to us), and we like having the tips added automatically. Don't want to feel we're paying a fortune for drinks.

Are NCL good for the above?

Any other suggestions?
NCL sound ideal for you. They have a relaxed dress code, therefore no formal nights and you can pre pay gratuities.
We had freedom dining, you do not have a set time to eat. There was two nights where we shared a table, both times the company was fabulous and they turned out to be our favourite two meals.
The entertainment on the Epic was very good as well.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread