Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Apr 04, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Magic Shows

Could anyone tell me what the best magic show is in Orlando.

I have read about the ones at Wonder Works, Skull Kingdom and Masters Of Magic on I-Drive.

Has anyone been to any of these and are they any good.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 04, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Tracy
Wonder Works is mixture of comedy & close-up magic tricks - all fairly routine stuff, it also features live music, lighting effects & illusions. If you go for it then you can get tickets for the show which includes all you can eat pizza, beer, wine & coke - good value for a family. They have a coupon at wonderworksonline/couponnow.htm which you can print & get a slight discount. There maybe other coupons around which offer abiiger saving so look out for them! You can also combine a combo ticket which gives you the shopw & then unlimited use of WonderWorks afterwards until closing.
Skull Kingdom's "CHAMBER OF MAGIC " is simliar set-up to WonderWorks - it also offers all you can eat pizza etc etc quote from their web-site ""The theater is equipped with the best sound and laser lighting system which will dazzle you even before the start of the show! You surely won’t fail to notice the beautiful murals and art work inside! Chamber of Magic’s show is sure to grasp the attention of any audience right from the beginning by making the show interactive"" Another coupn at skullkingdom/COUPONS.ASP !
Can't comment on the Masters of Magic as we have not done it. Out of the two I'd go for Skull Kingdom purely as it suits my older DD's - scarier atmosphere etc & the tricks were of a higher standard, there were a lot of younger children at WW & the tempo at a slower pace. Expect interactions at both!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 04, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Earthbound
Tracy
Skull Kingdom's "CHAMBER OF MAGIC " is simliar set-up to WonderWorks - it also offers all you can eat pizza etc etc quote from their web-site ""The theater is equipped with the best sound and laser lighting system which will dazzle you even before the start of the show! You surely won’t fail to notice the beautiful murals and art work inside! Chamber of Magic’s show is sure to grasp the attention of any audience right from the beginning by making the show interactive"" Another coupn at skullkingdom/COUPONS.ASP !

it suits my older DD's - scarier atmosphere etc & the tricks were of a higher standard, there were a lot of younger children at WW & the tempo at a slower pace. Expect interactions at both!
Hi Chris just looked at the web site you gave. Does entry into Skull include both the Horror show and Chamber of Magic or do you have to purchase a ticket for each.
Old 26 Apr 04, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Wayne - as far as I'm aware the two shows are completely different. The Magic show is away from the main Haunted House etc. They do combo tickets at skullkingdom/TICKETS.ASP
with I think the Magic Show and Skull Kingdom Combo being the best offer.
Old 26 Apr 04, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

We did Masters of Magic in 2002. DS who was then 11 enjoyed it and still talks about Typhoon Lou. It was very basic inside with long tables, when we went there were only about a dozen people there. Didn't bother going last year but as I said DS enjoyed it very much.
Old 27 Apr 04, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Thanks for the replies, decided on Skull Kingdom.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 04, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent choice - hope you enjoy the show. Remember the money off coupons!
Old 29 Apr 04, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Just printed the vouchers off now.

Thanks for the tips

Old 29 Apr 04, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Pleasure - enjoy the show
Old 29 Apr 04, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread