Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 07, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I knew you lot were a danger ;)

I've read the great trippies, salivated over the foodpics, gazed at the fabby photos...

and I'm getting very very tempted.

I've just spent 2 hours on the DCL site and been busy getting a few quotes
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

So my first question is...

Who do I book with DCL or Dreams Unlimited? (if I were tempted to book )

The quotes are very similar.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something as I had the impression that Dreams are usually cheaper.

Are there any benefits of choosing one over the other?
Old 7 Apr 07, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mcsue
So my first question is...

Who do I book with DCL or Dreams Unlimited? (if I were tempted to book )

The quotes are very similar.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something as I had the impression that Dreams are usually cheaper.

They used to be always ,but DCL clamped down on all TAs giving big discounts last year Now sometimes they are a bit cheaper, sometimes not...but always worth a look

Are there any benefits of choosing one over the other?
Usually, if DCL are giving any free on board credits and they are the same price as a U.S. T/A, I'd book with them initially, and then transfer over to a TA such as DU, or Allseasons, or Costco etc and get their offers too (you keep the DCL ones). Other than that there is really no difference in booking as you can still make on line reservations, have the same cancellation rights etc.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 12:11 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
LOL... we are certainly dangerous!

Glad to see you've been tempted too! The more the merrier!
well, we've booked with both Sue With Dreams they can do lots of the bookings of things for you, and you can often get a good 'onboard' credit with them too
Old 7 Apr 07, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Iv'e heard that the best time to go Sue, is January 2008

We booked through Dreams Unlimited and were given a cheaper quote than DCL and obtained $125 of onboard credit.

Bob
Old 7 Apr 07, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the info.

Sorry my first question was so basic but I've never even considered doing a cruise till this forum popped up.

You all seem to have had such wonderful experiences though and it's not as hideously expensive as I thought it would be.

My head's full of all the new info I'm learning and I'm thoroughly enjoying looking at all the posts here - I'm still in my PJs I can't stop reading all about it.

Ooooh you caught me Bob! lol
Old 7 Apr 07, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
It's very contagious Sue

We booked with DCL then transferred the booking over to DU to get some more onboard credits.
Old 7 Apr 07, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just to say our onboard credits are $100 from DU and $25 from Disney... for some strange reason I can't edit Bob's post.

Dawn
Old 7 Apr 07, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mcsue
Thanks for the info.

and it's not as hideously expensive as I thought it would be.
Not if you book through a US T/A or direct through DCL...its only the British tour operators who seem to be putting a premium on them :angry:

When you consider that lots of people here are happy enought to pay £130 -£150 for one day at Discovery Cove, when a 3 night,2 day, Disney cruise in low season can cost as little as £200 pp !... and a 4 night , 3 day one as little as £250pp,... with all meals, pretty well all entertainment, full on Disney activities and kids clubs and a trip to the Bahamas to boot.

The earlier you book though, the better the price.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bob_and_Dawn
Iv'e heard that the best time to go Sue, is January 2008

Bob
Would that be the 13th January at that Bob? Go on Sue you know you want to.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread