Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Apr 07, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Question Which Cruise To Choose

Hello
this is my first post on this site and would appreciate some help with a great dillema.

We are planning our first trip to Florida November 2008. Our plans until yesterday were to stay 10 nights in a villa followed by a 4 night Disney Cruise. Now we are considering 7 nights in Orlando followed by the 7 night Western Cruise.

Never having been to Orlando before we are unsure if 7 nights would be sufficient or if 10 would be better. Our party consists of 4 adults and two kids. If we decide on the 7 nights we know all we will manage is WDW in Orlando.

Help please!
SDF
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Welcome to the Boards

If you have never been to FL before and have not done any of the parks, I would say go for the 4 night Disney Cruise.

I would go for 5 nights in Olrando and then do a 4 night Disney Cruise then 5 nights back in Olrando.
Old 14 Apr 07, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkerShell View Post
Welcome to the Boards

If you have never been to FL before and have not done any of the parks, I would say go for the 4 night Disney Cruise.

Yes, I would agree with that too

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
It is also our first trip in Sept. We opted for 14 nights Orlando and 4 night cruise. We just felt that we wanted to spend the most of our time in the parks and as it was our first cruise 4 days would be the perfect length of time. What a lovely decision to have to make.
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. It is a lovely decision to have to make! Funnily enough my ideal option would be 14nights in Orlando followed by the 4 night cruise but my wife isn't so keen.

We are very keen to take the 7 night cruise but I can't help but feel for our first visit to Orlando one week there is not enough.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

I have to agree totally!
We've been many times to Orlando but this year (Feb) was our 1st adding the cruise. We did a 3 night as it co-insided with my BDay, and 'fell' during the middle of our hols so we were able to continue with the parks after the cruise!
We too want to do a 7 nighter but probably won't as not able to spend 3 weeks away and to fit everything we'd want to do into 2 weeks vacation seems immpossible!
Book the 3 or 4 night cruise to be sure you like it(Bet you will! ) then consider the 7 another time maybe!
There is SO much to see & do in Orlando... but then again, you could always return the year after ... after that... etc!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

We seem to think it would be difficult to spend the money later on and do the seven nighter. This is probably our best chance of being able to do it. It would be much easier to return to orlando later on and do everything else. I just feel one week is a waste.

For the formal night on the seven night cruise what are you expected to wear, does anyone know?
Old 14 Apr 07, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sdf View Post
Hello
this is my first post on this site and would appreciate some help with a great dillema.

We are planning our first trip to Florida November 2008. Our plans until yesterday were to stay 10 nights in a villa followed by a 4 night Disney Cruise. Now we are considering 7 nights in Orlando followed by the 7 night Western Cruise.

Never having been to Orlando before we are unsure if 7 nights would be sufficient or if 10 would be better. Our party consists of 4 adults and two kids. If we decide on the 7 nights we know all we will manage is WDW in Orlando.

Help please!
SDF
Hi SDF
welcome to the boards, we did our first cruise in 2004 (Eastern). We did 10 nights Orlando, 7 nights cruise then 4 nights in St Petes. The 4 nights in St Petes was to relax before we came home, but to be honest we were more relaxed after the cruise. Thats why we are doing our cruise (Western) after 9 nights in Orlando this year.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi SDF,

What age are your kids going to be when you leave?
Do you want to do all the parks ie. Universal, Ioa, Seaworld and WDW or are you intending just concentrating on WDW?
Do you want to stay on-site (in WDW) or off site?

These will all be a factor when deciding how long to stay for.

Let us know what you decide to do and then we can maybe help some more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for your messages. We are planning to hopefully do 7 night cruise and stay in Orlando before that for either 7 or 10 days in a villa/townhouse. Never having been to Orlando before but euro disney twice, we are definately visiting WDW. Not so desperate to go to other parks as DS will be 9 and DD will be 6. 1 set of grandparents also going with us so we need to consider their preferences!
Closed Thread