Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Apr 07, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant news Mazzy that DH has given you the go ahead! v

Seasickness is a huge worry for me - I cant even watch the teacups without reaching for a sick bag - but i am going to take ginger pills - swallow them down so no icky taste, and have also heard that Bonnie is good, TBH I am going to go and see my doctor about it and ask if there is anything on perscription he can give me, I have heard about patches that you wear but they are only available from your Doc so i will check that out
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
CBR600 - yes I managed to convince 2 teens who had seen Titanic, and also convince DH about the money side, not bad eh?

I'm the same with the teacups, I can't go on anything like that, in fact even the Pooh ride sets me off. What is Bonnie? Didn't know about the patches, mind you, they would probably come off when swimming? When do you go?

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

we dont go until Jan 08 and the water on the Eastern is supposed to be rough in January

I am so bad with motion sickness Mazzy, cant read in a car, watch anything spinny, avoid all simulator rides etc.

The patches are a bit like the HRT patches so they wont come off when swimming/shower etc and they continually release a chemical into your blood stream so no need to wait for tablets to take effect.

I dont know that much about them or whats in them so am going to ask the doctor what he recommends, I will have been looking forward to the cruise for too long and its costing too much for me to spend the whole time locked in the loo!
Old 24 Apr 07, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
If I book, we will be going Jan 08 too, on the 3rd. Does the Wonder 3 night cruise go the same route? I did read on the DIS that Dec, Jan and Feb are worth months for rough seas.

Hope you manage to sort out some medication. I have just been reading up on the ginger, and it seems to get good result, start taking it a month before you sail is what they recommend, you can also take the Bonine as well, and knowing me, I would probably need it!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DH is the worst for motion sickness and this is the only thing I am worried about. He will be starting on Ginger Pills a month before we go and I will be adding Bonine from 24 hours before the cruise.

I will let you all know the outcome (or what comes out ) when we get back.
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

We were on The Wonder 22nd-25th Feb & can honestly say the seas were really calm, we didn't ever feel queezy & when we got off I thought I'd feel like I was 'rocking' but I never did.
I would imagine the tabs they give you on board must be pretty good!

Just to mention another point, you will be forever cleaning your hands in their special anti bac lotion & with wipes, each time you board the ship & of course at the entrance to the dining rooms-A good precaution to bugs on board!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Sue F View Post
DH is the worst for motion sickness and this is the only thing I am worried about. He will be starting on Ginger Pills a month before we go and I will be adding Bonine from 24 hours before the cruise.

I will let you all know the outcome (or what comes out ) when we get back.

LOL Sue (wish we had a pukey smiley)

I think we will be doing the same as you. Hope it all works out fine.
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I wouldnt worry to much about the rough seas Mazzy - nobody can every really predict what its going to be like during each sailing. The 3 nighters go down to the Bahamas and other than crossing the gulf stream then it is usually quiet waters, the Eastern has to travel a bit futher south and accross a bit more so it tends to hit the rougher patches on the second & third night, again I am only going by what I have read so I guess I better just wait and find out how all the other Dibbers get on!
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
LOL Sue, your pooh DH! Does he know he is a guinea pig for us all?

Sally - good to hear that you had a great time and no sickness. Yes, I have even seen a photo of the wipes dispenser on the DIS, I think it's great they do this, hopefully keeps the bugs down.

CBR600 - yes I think we just have to stay positive and keep fingers crossed!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 25 Apr 07, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Absolutely! Dunkirk spirit and all that, whats a little bit of nausea when we get to sail with Mickey!