Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 04, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Seaworld

Advise please

We will be arriving in Orlando on a Thursday and wanted to do Seaworld the following day.

Can someone tell me how busy it will be - I have read conflicting reports about it being the busiest day and other reports saying it is a fairly quiet day.

Also, just how tired do you think we will be (there's me, DD (age 8) and my DS).

Cheers

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 04, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

As Seaworld is spread out it never seems crowded.The stadiums hold thousands so no problem there.The headline rides ie Kraken and Journey to Atlantis can have some long waits at busy times.Bear in mind it is not a theme park in the true sense of the word rather a series of shows and walk through attractions.Its well worth a visit but you will do a lot of walking so the kids may find it tough with the jet lag.
Personally our 1st day is normally spent chilling or maybe visit a water park?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 04, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

seaworld

hi
ive been to wdw three times over the last 4 years and always go to seaworld the day after arriving as it is an easy walk round and if you watch the shows which last about half an hour a time there plenty of rests. the kids will love it and so will yor children
p.s don't forget the free beer at the bud stand
Old 21 Apr 04, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Seaworld is a great idea for 1st or 2nd day there, easy park to see. Plenty of opportunities to sit down and watch shows, but great rides too! We are probably going to go here on Monday 3rd May, arrive on evening of Saturday 1st May, but will probably have a lazy day round the pool with a couple of meals out and some shopping on the Sunday.
Old 21 Apr 04, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

In the past we have always done Seaworld on the first day, I see it as the most "relaxed" of the parks, with regards to tirdness I laways find that we are up at the crack of dawn on the first day and raring to go, I think its a mixture of adjusting to the time zone and adrenalin. Enjoy

Happy (up early) Hay
Old 21 Apr 04, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

We have always done Seaworld on the first day, seems to be a gently way of easing into themepark mode!
Old 22 Apr 04, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Same situ - arrive on a Thursday - but done my research and aswell planning to do it on a Friday with my 4 year old. The way I see it - we will be up early, so gives time for erly breakfast and then the park. As its quite large - and dont do alot of roller coasters - we may finish early - time to flake out - and then ahve a meal and an early night.

Scott
Old 30 Apr 04, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
paulab
Apprentice Imagineer

paulab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
yup, we also all head for Seaworld on our first day, the boys cant wait to get there 1st again this year, especially as there is new baby there now! Cant wait to see him!

Paula

July 90 Honeymoon.
July 02 04 05 06 08 11 14 Vistana Villages
July 18 - The 4 Men and Mum Trip
paulab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 04, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lfcnut
Very Serious Dibber

In total agreement with all those that visit SW on the 1st day. Its become the norm on our holidays as its a gentle way to get back in the swing of the parks.

It never seems overcrowded even during the busy summer period and as you'll probably wake early on your first day you get there early and get ahead of what crowds there are.

New York 2017 Dubai 2018 Cancun 2019
lfcnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 04, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

We love SeaWorld.

Remember you can get a free second day if you visit the Customer Service point on your left as you enter the park.

So if you get zonked by jet-lag on your first visit you could "pop" back in for free later in the holiday

Dave
Closed Thread