Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 04, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Kids indoor play areas

Where's the best kids indoor play areas? You know the sort of thing? They have become all the rage around where I live over the last ten years or so. I don't suppose we really need to visit any, but if there were any good restaurants with these attached, it might be worth investigating as an extra to a meal - rather than a whole day out of course!

We discovered a great place not far from Philadelphia a few years ago which had a ball machine which you could load up with plastic balls and when it decided it was full enough it would spout them all up in the air. You could also climb up the slopes and ladders to reach plastic ball machine guns!

Zoe
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 04, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Don't really know of any as such Zoe but some of the McDonalds have them. There is a huge one in the McDonalds on I-Drive.

We tend to go for smaller ones (McD's on the 192 up from old town) - but don't bother with the ones that have outdoor play area's - it's way to hot for the kids to play in them

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 04, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

When I visited a friend in Houston a couple of times, the strangest thing I ever saw in my life was being driven past a wonderful kids outdoor plaground in the middle of the day when it was a lovely sunny day (and it was a weekend) totally deserted! Nobody was walking on the pavements - it was like a ghost town! Then I noticed there were quite a lot of cars around but NO PEOPLE WALKING OR PLAYING!

It was the heat and humidity, you can imagine it - Texas in August, temperatures going up to 104 degrees on a couple of days, real desert conditions.

But sitting in an air conditioned car looking out, it just looked so bizarre!
Old 1 Jun 04, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Chuckie Cheese is the closest I can think of - I haven't been for years (probably 20) but it used to be an arcade sort of place, with skee ball, a ball pool, etc and then a restaurant (pizza) with a sort of animatronic show - apparantly there is one on i-drive

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 04, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Chuck E Cheese is basically the only thing that offers a play area and a restaurant. It is VERY LOUD and VERY BUSY so be prepared.

Chuck E Cheese

7419 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819 US
(407) 351-3368

They offer other coupons and I would certainly look for them. This place can add up quick.

Make sure that you have your hand stamped and your child's hand stamped upon entering. When you leave they will check your hand under a UV light along with your child's hand to make sure you are leaving with the child you brought.

Also, there is a place called Gymboree Play & Music but I believe this is geared more for weekly visits or play groups. Nice for the smaller kids (toddlers, etc.). There is one off of Hiawasee Road which wouldn't be terrible far from West Oaks Mall if you plan on shopping there.

Gymboree Play & Music

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Old 3 Jun 04, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking

Now if your kids are into arcade/video/touchy feely games then the must place to visit is Disney Quest in Downtown Disney.

It has not got a eating place as such, but it is surrounded by them.

Its expensive to visit (Unless you are staying at at WDW hotel with unlimited access to all parks, then its free) but worth it.

I would say you could spend 2-3 hours in there.
Old 3 Jun 04, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to Chuck E Cheese's a few times in Houston when we were staying with a friend (me and elder DS) so I know what that is like. My two would enjoy that but it can get very expensive as you are spending money basically for the whole time you are in there. Much prefer the idea of having a park ticket and doing as much as you like once you're in. Saying that Chuck E Cheese would still be cheaper because there's no expensive entrance charge!

I've done some research on D.Q. and looks really fun. Will be posting some more questions about DQ elsewhere.

We have also seen some McD's indoor play areas in Houston. Quite nice I suppose. Elder DS is addicated to McD's chips, so he would be in seventh heaven here!

Thanks guys.

Zoe
Old 4 Jun 04, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Not indoors, but our dd (5) and ds (4) have always liked the sand area in Seaworld (they've been going since 0!).
There's a large water play area next to it, we always seem to get stuck in the sand area during big storms in the evenings.
Ian
Old 4 Jun 04, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally posted by matty624
Not indoors, but our dd (5) and ds (4) have always liked the sand area in Seaworld (they've been going since 0!).
There's a large water play area next to it, we always seem to get stuck in the sand area during big storms in the evenings.
Ian
Another vote for this one - DS and DD were 2 and 3 when we went in 2000 and loved it.

I can see it still appealing to them now (aged 6 and 7)

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 04, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread