Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 04, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

It's all about the hair! Have to stay dry to look good for holiday pictures! lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 04, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
FLGirl - just do what I do and give up on the hair - you will enjoy yourself much more not having to worry about it. When I am at WDW, it's the only time I walk round with a ponytail and a baseball cap!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 04, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
If you want to buy ponchos BEFORE your trip, you could do what I did last year, found this in the archives:

[If you're travelling to WDW in the next couple of months when it rains most days, and don't want the weight and inconvenience of the 'disney' rain ponchos bogging you down, you may be interested in this:

I have just purchased some disposable rain ponchos which are individually wrapped and only playing card size. They are available in child and adult sizes costing only 45p each (+ vat on the adults size), and come in transparent or a choice of 4 colours.

Much more convenient in the parks, will fit in a bumbag, and then you can just throw them away when you've finished with them.

For 10 adult and 10 child ponchos it cost £13.12 including postage which I thought was a small price to pay to not have to lug those heavyweight yellow ponchos around. I would imagine these will also be a lot cooler too!

Website is drywisepp Delivery took only two days.

Hope this is useful for someone! ]

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 04, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

oh yes, I do the baseball cap thing too! I just figured that would be the typical answer most would give... *insert whine here* But I don't want to get my hair wet! lol

You can also buy the disposable ponchos at Dollar Tree, Walmart and Target. They are usually clear or white. I use to keep them in my car when I still lived in Orlando. Saved me from lookling like a drenched rat when attending business meetings.
Old 15 Jun 04, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mazzy has it right... hair... forget it during park visits!
I intend to have a number 2 prior to departure (I know the sun... the sun... ) but it is so easy to handle then. I also know that that scenario does not apply to you chicks, however, persevere for the visits to the parks. The Anti-poncho movement gathers pace!
P
Old 15 Jun 04, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by FLGirl-UKNow
Lightning is very serious in Orlando and isn't to be taken lightly.
Nice pun, FLGirl!

Forecasts should not be taken too seriously as the weekly ones are usually not too accurate. Expect a good chance of rain every evening, unless in the middle of a dry spell.
Old 15 Jun 04, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Good quotes, but asking my wife to forget about her hair is like asking Mickey to come out without his ears.
Old 19 Jun 04, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

just done the serch thingy on the orlando weather site said for our dates in july 16th to 30th that its going to be sunny(no surprise) dry (a bit surprised) and COLD ( very surprised) do you think its wrong!
Old 19 Jun 04, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Maybe you clicked on a wrong month?

I just looked at the years prior and the average during that time was around 91F/33C.

If it stays the way it has been it will be even warmer than that. It was 96 earlier this week and felt like 102. Random afternoon thunderstorms have been as usual.

If you go to weather just prior to your departure it will give you the 10 day forecast and give you a better idea.
Old 21 Jun 04, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by FLGirl-UKNow
A rule of thumb for knowing the distance of a storm (and helps to calm down scared children) is to start counting as soon as you see the flash of the lightning. They say, if it is true, that for every second you count that is how many miles away the storm is.
Maths/Physics lesson warning

A correction here; at 86 degrees F, the speed of sound at ground level is 783mph. So in one second, sound travels 783/3600 = 0.22 second.

So the distance in miles is about 1 mile for every 4 seconds between seeing the lightening and hearing the thunder.

End of Maths/Physics lesson
Closed Thread