Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 13, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
I've tried looking up what the regulation is - found something on DiscoverAmerica site which said you needed 6 months minimum left on your passport, but that was an unofficial site.
Both the American and Canadian government's websites state that your passport only needs to be valid for the duration of your trip it's Disney's on line check in that is insisting on the 6 month validity. Our TA is trying to get clarification and something in writing from them that we don't need it but if she can't we'll have to get new passports.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Strange. I recently completed the online check-in for our Eastern Caribbean cruise on DCL and had no issues. We cruise in June and my passport expires in August and DS's in November. Ii encountered no issues.

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

From the pre-arrival guide sent to me by DCL

Required Documents for Citizens of All Other Countries
In addition to a valid passport, many countries require an entry visa based on your nationality. It is each Guest's responsibility to identify and obtain all the necessary visas before commencing the cruise. Because requirements may vary, Guests are advised to contact their travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate for more information on required travel documentation for the port of embarkation and all ports of call during the cruise.
If your country participates in the Visa Waiver Program, you are now required to have a valid machine-readable passport and obtain 72-hour advance travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding carriers by air or sea to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program. For a list of applicable countries and registration requirements, ESTA information is accessible online at http://cbp.gov/travel. A copy of the approved ETSA application should be brought with you when traveling.
Passports are required to re-enter the U.S. via air.

No mention of having six months on your passport there!

Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gary View Post
I've tried looking up what the regulation is - found something on DiscoverAmerica site which said you needed 6 months minimum left on your passport, but that was an unofficial site.
This is absolutely not true!
From the US Embassy website
Does my British passport need to be valid for six months when I travel to the United States?
The United States has an agreement with the United Kingdom automatically extending the validity of a passport for six months past the passport's expiration date. Therefore, your passport need remain valid only for the duration of your stay in the United States.

If you are traveling visa free under the Visa Waiver Program and your passport is not valid for 90 days, you will be admitted into the United States until the date on which the passport expires. Information on the validity period requiremn For information on validity

Link to the page on the website

london.usembassy.gov/mobile/faqs.html

Old 24 Apr 13, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Our TA has managed to get the correct expiry date entered on Disney's system so we won't need to renew our passports until we get back

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Our TA has managed to get the correct expiry date entered on Disney's system so we won't need to renew our passports until we get back
Glad to hear you got it sorted.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Good to hear as I was starting to panic that they would not allow us on the ship, despite it being perfectly correct and legal to travel in a passport with less than six months to expiry date. I know all about Disney rules and was starting to get afraid that this was another one!

Edited at 06:47 PM.
Old 24 Apr 13, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
Good to hear as I was starting to panic that they would not allow us on the ship, despite it being perfectly correct and legal to travel in a passport with less than six months to expiry date. I know all aboutbDisney rules and was starting to get afraid that this was another one!
Looks like you'll be OK which cruise are you on?

Old 24 Apr 13, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

We are on the June 1st Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Can't wait!

Old 25 Apr 13, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13

That's gat news Jakki

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
We are on the June 1st Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Can't wait!
Make sure you go to Maho Beach to watch the planes land on your head. Get there for around 10am and prepare to be there for about 3 hours to watch a 747 land on top of you then take off.
There are 2 cocktails bars, one at either end of the beach .. The taxi will take you to the far one as they seem to be in cahoots with the bar. Prices are ok but I'd try the other bar next time as it was less busy (may be a reason for that though)!
Taxi was $20 one way for both of us and the arrival and departure times of the aircraft are chalked on to a surfboard stuck in the sand outside each bar.

The Fantasy is beautiful ... We spent our entire week up in Satellite Falls, it was excellent. Don't miss your 2nd seating at AP and my top tips are ... Don't do a stickman, don't use yellow pens as dark ones better and stay in the lines!

Edited at 08:53 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread