Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 16, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone picked their car up early.

Our internal flight from NYC to Orlando has been changed & we now arrive a couple of hours early. We have car hire booked with Sixt & we have emailed asking how much to collect car early & they say we have to do a new booking & the price now is $$$$$$$$$$$, So think we are just going to turn up & wait. Has anyone arrived early & have been given their car straight away, I'm always reading about flights landing early.

Thanks
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by laudan14 View Post
Our internal flight from NYC to Orlando has been changed & we now arrive a couple of hours early. We have car hire booked with Sixt & we have emailed asking how much to collect car early & they say we have to do a new booking & the price now is $$$$$$$$$$$, So think we are just going to turn up & wait. Has anyone arrived early & have been given their car straight away, I'm always reading about flights landing early.

Thanks

Done this many time with Alamo its so difficult to pick up at the booked time, eg flight delays or combining 2 flights and arriving early and all the hire firms know this. As long as you drop off before the time you picked up at the end of your holiday what difference should it make.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by laudan14 View Post

Thanks
Say you arrive at 2 pm. The arrival time is the wheels down on Tarmac time. You then have to taxi to the stance , have the Airbridge installed, collect bags, and go to the Sixt bus transfer point, and be taken to their offsite lot. That would take about an hour all in. Say you arrive there at three, and your booking is for 4 pm. The airport depots of car hire companies are used to this so your collection time is an estimate. When you sign the document at the desk is when the hire starts, and it's then charged in 24 HR blocks, so if you signed off at 3:30pm you have to have the car back by 3:30 pm on the day of return. The times on your original booking are irrelevant, so no changes needed to the booking.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Don't worry about it. As long as you stick by what PPM has written then you should be ok. It seems like your email was answered by the office cat.
Old 24 Apr 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kay1975
Excited about Disney

I booked our car for the wrong time! Like you I emailed them to ask for an earlier collection and they wanted an extra £120, so we didn't bother and still picked up the car 3 hrs early 😝
Kay1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I cant speak for Sixt but ever had a problem with Alamo over times, in fact I had the opposite problem when my homeward flight was delayed by 6 hours they allowed me to delay taking the car back without any extra charge

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone that's great to know
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
I cant speak for Sixt but ever had a problem with Alamo over times, in fact I had the opposite problem when my homeward flight was delayed by 6 hours they allowed me to delay taking the car back without any extra charge
Did you arrange this on the day of the flight? Wondering how to go about this if the flight gets delayed.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Did you arrange this on the day of the flight? Wondering how to go about this if the flight gets delayed.
I received an e mail from Delta informing me of the problem, and giving me my anticipated departure time which was 1am as opposed to 7 40pm so I just called Alamo and explained the problem and they said no problem they would allow me to return the car later and amended their system to reflect that and would ensure there would be no charge

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Brill, thanks!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread