Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 7 May 16, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jmchessy
Earning My Ears

Alamo - price drop again

We arrive at MCO on 25th May and have booked a Standard SUV for 17 days. Following the earlier thread I changed to Alamo from Avis late March and saved £30. I've been checking Alamo daily and today the price for the standard SUV has dropped by £70. I've amended my booking and been refunded the difference!

Cheers

James
jmchessy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I first amended my booking with Alamo Brits at the end of April and saved around £65 for mid size SUV hire for 19 days.

Just checked prices again after reading your post and have decided to upgrade to a standard SUV instead. The std SUV price has dropped from £507 a couple of days ago to £428.

We are still paying £25 less than our original booking - and we now have a bigger vehicle.

No worries about getting all the cases in now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Just amended our too, it had dropped £30 since yesterday. Sorely tempted by the convertible but I know we won't fit our luggage in easily and we have a 2 hour drive from Miami to Naples so don't want it to be a squeeze. The convertible is over £100 cheaper than it was yesterday.

In all I think I've amended my booking maybe six times in the last few months, making savings and increasing the level of car.

It's definitely worth checking often.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thanks very much for posting this thread, it prompted me to check Alamo Brits again resulting in a of saving £116 on a full size car for my stay, by amending my previous booking.

Hank
Hank is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ccleveley
Serious Dibber

ccleveley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just looked at my booking for the 18th May. Upgraded to a Standard SUV for £3. Very happy
ccleveley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Brilliant post - helps others save lots ;-)

No price drop for me for next Jan but I'll keep checking when I see these threads.

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

Thanks for that, I jumped from intermediate SUV to standard SUV and got 90p back for my troubles.
If I have already done straight to garage, do I need to reprint it again if I just amended the booking, not cancelled and rebooked?

Edited at 06:06 PM.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I printed mine off be it, it was the same reservation number, but it now shows the new price.

In your case the new voucher will show standard SUV, I would print it off to be on the safe side.

Hank
Hank is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princessvix
Excited about Disney

princessvix's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I must have got a good deal when I amended the other day cos mine's gone up by £500!😮
princessvix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

is everything included insurance and driver wise with alamo brits? I currently have a platinum package booked with usrentacar
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread