Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ldnlad82
Excited about Disney

Reassurance please - Thomson Alamo Sanford

Hi,

I just need a bit of advice please

1) Flying a week Weds and have got car hire with the Thomson package. There's no voucher with my eticket. How has everyone else collected their car?

2) I've just realised that the lead passenger isn't down as me and I will be the one doing the driving. Do I need to get anything changed for me to be the named driver increase of the OH?
Ldnlad82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ldnlad82
Excited about Disney

Sorry - realise this is a double post. My mistake. However, the Q re lead passenger remains if anyone can help on that? :s
Ldnlad82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mark2603
Getting Excited

I was in the same situation a couple of years ago. My wife had booked everything with Thomson and was down as lead passenger but she doesn't drive. I rang Thomson just to check if it was ok but they advised us to change the lead passenger to the main driver.

They didn't charge me anything for changing the lead passenger name.
mark2603 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi you collect your car voucher from the Thompson office when you arrive, hope this helps
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've just returned yesterday. I was lead passenger with Thomson's and my husband did the driving. No problem at all. I did not change anything on paper work.
I also did not have a voucher. On arrival, you attend the thomsons desk and they direct you to almo. It was very straight forward.
Old 15 Jun 16, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Can I ask, did you just stick to the free car?
If you did, what did you actually get and how big was it? I don't want to turn up and try to cram my lot into a fiat 500!
Old 15 Jun 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We were in exactly your situation last year. Went to Thomson desk on leaving airport and they direct you to Alamo desk a short walk away. I went in and gave the guy at the counter my partners name as he was the name on the car hire even though he only had a provisional license, told the guy this and gave him my full license and took him 5 extra mins to change everything in to my name and no charge.
We normally take the car assigned, compact or economy can't remember what they call it, and with Alamo they have a Ford Focus in the class. We have managed to get one on both occasions we have hired through Alamo, but be warned the majority of cars are Chevy sparks which are tiny for anymore than 2 people.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
familyofthree is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread