Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 16, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Aza41
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks all
Aza41 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Demonwar View Post
While we are in this kind of talk, what else do you need if say stopped by the police? Last time I took my passport and made sure we kept the carhire paperwork and what seemed to be the insurance slip of paper than we found in the car.

Is that correct that I need my passport?
All you need is.
D/License
Rental agreement
Insurance slip that's normally in the glove box

If you never had a Photocard license and still drive on the paper one you also need your Passport at all times you are driving.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

While we are in this kind of talk, what else do you need if say stopped by the police? Last time I took my passport and made sure we kept the carhire paperwork and what seemed to be the insurance slip of paper than we found in the car.

If you still don't have the photo card, only the paper part, you need your passport. If you do have a photo card, then you don't.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

It varies county to county Demon - Lee County train their deputies to ask for passport and dl, whether paper or photo *shrugs*... seems daft if it's a photo dl, but that's Lee County Sheriff Office rules - as MrT and Ilivehere say, it's appears different in the Orlando area.

We have one day hires from/to MCO and leave all paperwork relevant to the hire in the glovebox.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks guys. I have a photo licence, but am travelling through from MIA to Orlando, will have my passport though for that so no issues really.

Sorted!
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BGB
slightly serious Dibber

Sign up for the hire company reward scheme and you will be asked to put your licence in the details section.
From then on where ever you hire a car from that company you only need your licence and payment card. (even in UK)

July 1980 - WDW Idrive hotel, Sept 1997 - DLC Anaheim Hotel, Oct 2001 - Universal Orlando Idrive Hotel, Feb & Jun 2007 - Disneyland Paris Disney Hotels, Jul 2012 - Terra Verde Villa and WDW Jul 2016 - Terra Verde Villa & Universal
BGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread