Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 16, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
For input on the price argument. Each time I have booked free dining. The price has gone DOWN on the day of release. Which is why I book it..
I'll try one more time. It goes down because the rack rate goes down. These are the least popular dates for Americans.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by masterchef View Post
I'll try one more time. It goes down because the rack rate goes down. These are the least popular dates for Americans.
I'm not sure that last bit is correct? UK free dining is usually available year round except for a few weeks at Christmas and Easter. 4th July, Thanksgiving all of June, July and August, parks and resorts are rammed but UK free dining is available. Those are the most popular to,es for US visitors. Now the US free dining deal - thats a different story altogether.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Definitely not the least popular dates lmao?

Pretty sure is August is popular which is when I've been twice before
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Rack rates are set to accommodate all offers, whether that be free dining, room discount or free nights. The rack rate also varies depending on the season, so yes, prices do change depending on the dates. We all know that. However, if I'd booked my holiday on 1st April, then I would have paid full rack rate and just got my accommodation. By waiting a few weeks, I paid less and got free dining as the price for the same dates reduced too (I track prices). So, based on the rack rate, the dining plan is free. Is it planned and budgeted in to the rack rate? Most certainly, but all offers are. The uk offer gives free dining for the whole year with the exception of Easter and the weeks before Christmas, so it's certainly not only offered at times the Americans don't like to go. It's a good incentive to get us to go, stay on-site and hopefully spend even more money in the parks. They're a business and clever. They know what they are doing. We just take advantage of the offer that suits us best to get the most for our money, whether that be free dining or free nights/room discount. The fool is the person who books when there is no offer on and pays the full rack rate.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread