Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Oct 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
This thread is very quiet at the moment - what is everyone favourite houses and scare zones (not in the least bit jealous hones - just glad have the next two years worth of trips booked)

So come - spill the beans, how do you rate the houses and zones?
I loved the vamp 55 scare zone it was so much fun and the scareactors really got into it!

For the houses I'll rank from favourite to least

1. American horror story - got lots of scares and it was fun seeing all the characters from the show
2. Ghost town - the sets and costumes were amazing!
3. Halloween 2 - Again loads of scares and it seemed like there were a million Michael Myers in there
4. Texas chainsaw massacre - Having leather face run towards you swinging a chainsaw is terrifying!
5. Tomb of the ancients - got a few scares but it was so dark that everyone kept getting lost!
6. The exorcist - great facarde but I didn't get any scares in 3 run throughs. This one smelt disgusting as well lol!
7. Krampus - was a bit small and I was disappointed that nearly all the scares came from the elves. Smells great though!
8. The walking dead - Bored of the walking dead now!
9. The 3D chance house (forgot the name!) - felt a bit bare, most of it was just neon paintings on the walls.

Bill and ted I really hated this year! It wasn't funny and was just annoying. I usually like bill and ted as well

Academy of villians were fantastic and I saw the show twice! They had so much energy and it was a really creative show which fitted the event perfectly. I would love them to come back in the future!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what happens as the Horror Night starts? We were planning to be in the park anyway. Does everyone have to leave and then only ticket holders allowed back in?

Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Attitude23
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, anyone with a HHN ticket already in the park has to go in to one of the 3 holding areas and everyone else has to leave. They actively start asking to people to leave from about 5:30
Attitude23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Just got back less than a week ago and thugh HHN was amazeballs !

This was the first year that we have done the unmasking the horrors tour and it was great (even if it was on the day the hurricane hit lol)

ive decided that if they want the boys can come next year .. anyone remember when the dates for this years event went live ?

was hoping to book HRH for 21-25th sept ? im sure that this should cover either opening or second weekend ?

Thanks
Lisa x

oh and AHS WAS THE BEST LOL
Old 17 Oct 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
oh and AHS WAS THE BEST LOL
We love AHS and there is so much they could do with houses so I am hoping for a repeat if not next year then maybe the year after (when we are planning to do both Hollywood and Orlando HHN in the same year for Mr W's big birthday!)

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Quick review - landed back this morning after a week out there. Did HHN 4 nights in total.

Best houses for us were Halloween and TCM - got mega scares in both. One evening we were 3rd and 4th persons being led down to Halloween house by a member of staff who was just as excited as we were. It was absolutely fantastic and best experience of the week - we were shrieking and laughing all the way through. Leatherface gave us some absolute corking scares too even though the house was short it was great especially early on in the evening it was even more dark in there for some reason.. brilliant. I enjoyed Krampus and American Horror Story - both visually very good. I have only just started watching the tv show so didn't know many characters but enjoyed it. Think they should have had this house at the back of the park - the queues were crazy. Exorcist was our least favourite - it just didn't scare. Ghost Town was great and Walking Dead a bit meh. Boyfriend thought Lunatics Playground was great!

Did Universal, IoA and Wet n Wild and most days with HHN walked anywhere from 14-20 miles a day/evening.

Exhausted! Oh and $18 for 2 warm foul beers at Simpsons Duff bar absolutely shocking. Shame it's so expensive. Went to Brew & Grill in Citywalk - a bit cheaper and and least we got glasses and not plastic cups
Old 18 Oct 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
We love AHS and there is so much they could do with houses so I am hoping for a repeat if not next year then maybe the year after (when we are planning to do both Hollywood and Orlando HHN in the same year for Mr W's big birthday!)
yep that's what I was hoping as well ... they could do a house per series even

with the unmasking the tour we aw so much more detail as well .. loved it !

let down for me was krampus

lisa x
Old 18 Oct 16, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
AHS and The Walking Dead were our favourites. I really like the Chance 3D house, not really scary but the disorientation made it for me. The Fog rip off scare zone was DW's favourite purely as she loves the original film.

The cost in comparison to Howl O'Scream was a massive let down to us. We preferred Busch Gardens offering tbh.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

My favourite house was TCM, because I think it captured the spirit of the film the best. It was my first HHN so I wasn't suffering from TWD fatigue, as many regulars were it seemed, hence I enjoyed the episodic nature of the house. AHS was very good as well. The Exorcist was a curates egg of a house, I was very disappointed with Regan on the stairs.
Of the original houses Ghost Town was far and away the best and Lunatics Playground was my least favourite house, althougb it had some good, and disorinetating, parts.
If I was ranking them I'd go...

1) TCM
2) AHS
3) Ghost Town
4) TWD
5) Halloween 2
6) TotA
7) The Exorcist
8) Krampus
9) Lunatics Playground

The scarezones were a bit hit and miss but my favourite was Dead Man's Wharf.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by shabba View Post
The cost in comparison to Howl O'Scream was a massive let down to us. We preferred Busch Gardens offering tbh.
Mr W would agree with you on that one. He is a much bigger fan of HoS now then he is of HHN

Not that we wouldn't ever think of not doing HHN as well

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread