Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Mobile

My top 3 houses were;

1. The Exorcist
2. Krampus
3. Ghost Town

I wasn't a huge fan of any of the scare zone but Fisherman's Wharf would be my favourite, I really liked the atmosphere
Old 28 Oct 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Loved the attention to detail in all the houses, but I'm a little hard to scare . Really enjoyed American Horror story and Lunatics Playground the most, but exorcist was a let down.

We were lucky and has express passes, managed to do all 10 houses in 90 mins and then enjoy the scare zones.

I didn't enjoy the atmosphere later on, so preferred to go before 9 then leave because crowds became a little pushy and rude. Nor did we enjoy the Bill and Ted show, not very funny tbh.

But planning on going again and definitely worth the express passes and frequent scare passes (we went 3 nights).
Emmie2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mondruid
Serious Dibber

Mondruid's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi everybody,

We finally got home, from our 2 weeks in Orlando to decorate the house in time for Halloween.

We went to HHN 4 times, including one visit to the HHN extra event The Repository. We have been to HHN several times over a number of years since 2003. Alas, this was our least favourite.

Are they busier this year? It seemed incredibly busy very quickly. Whilst we enjoyed all the visits and managed to get through all the houses, it seemed that they were mostly reliant on branded designs for their Houses. So rather than them feeling like Haunted Houses, they felt more like elaborate set tours, but set tours that you barely had time to enjoy.

My actual favourite one of the season was Tomb of the Ancients, and I think it was because of it not being a branded house, i.e. from a TV show or movie. Krampus was beautifully done, although it seems the Hollywood version looked significantly better.

It also felt rushed, I had more interaction with Universal staff members shouting at you to move on move on move on, than any of the scareactors. You can understand that they want you going through quickly, but it felt rushed.

I am not an easy person to scare, but I do like the jumps and surprises at the houses, but there didn't seem as many as previous years, except for Tomb of the Ancients. And with it not having a plot as such, anything was possible around any corner - I like that.

We also booked to do the Repository, an intense augmented reality haunted house, where you signed a disclaimer allowing the actors to touch you, push you, abuse you verbally etc. This was rather good, and very intense, and I am glad we did it. It made the whole experience seem more intimate and just on the edge of scary. The augmented reality bit was a little pants, but the overall intensity of it was pretty good.

The houses were all gorgeously done, smells sounds were good, but they were all just too branded for my liking. So much so that we decided it was to be our last HHN.

In stark contrast we went to the Shallow Grave haunted houses in Winter Haven! OH MY WORD! Not as polished as HHN, but terrifyingly fabulous.

Overall, we enjoyed all our nights at HHN, just not as much as previous years.
Mondruid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Geeza40
Proud to wear my Ears

HHN Extra nights...?

Hi guys, we will be in Orlando next Oct, arriving on 26th. Was already planning on doing hhn on 28th as it's a must on our list.
However as we are staying on Disney for first week would have rather done it a little later...so my question is
Do they always add extra nights in early Nov like they have this year or is this unusual? Also am I right in thinking when you book the hhn you have to stipulate which date you want, bearing in mind we are gonna folk out for the express pass as well.

Thx

Dave
Geeza40 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Attitude23
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geeza40 View Post
Hi guys, we will be in Orlando next Oct, arriving on 26th. Was already planning on doing hhn on 28th as it's a must on our list.
However as we are staying on Disney for first week would have rather done it a little later...so my question is
Do they always add extra nights in early Nov like they have this year or is this unusual? Also am I right in thinking when you book the hhn you have to stipulate which date you want, bearing in mind we are gonna folk out for the express pass as well.

Thx

Dave
They never usually add nights, they've only done it this year due to the 2 nights cancelled because of Hurricane Matthew.

Yes, you have to pick a specific date you want when you buy your ticket, they aren't changeable or cancellable unless if very unique circumstances. HHN runs in all weathers (apart from Hurricanes), so if it's raining the event still goes ahead.
Attitude23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Last night was awsome! Was so dead at HHN. Longest we waited for any house was 15 mins. Was like it all night. It rained for about 30 mins or so but we were in bill and ted so missed it luckily.
If you can go tonight DO IT.
They really don't seem to be advertising this has been extended so no one knows.

One thing that I did find a little disappointing was he scare zones. Didn't seem to be that many actors there. I have a feeling they just didn't hire enough actors to cover these extra days.

Anyway MUST see event so so much fun.

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

I'm planning for next year & decided too expensive for park tickets + hotel, so planning to stay 1 night at Saphire falls & just buy HHN ticket for 1 night.
Does anyone know how much it is for 1 night, probably a Friday?
Thanks
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hawki View Post
I'm planning for next year & decided too expensive for park tickets + hotel, so planning to stay 1 night at Saphire falls & just buy HHN ticket for 1 night.
Thanks
Was about 60 for us I think.

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Thanks Jimboy2, not too bad
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by hawki View Post
Thanks
If you are doing one night, I would suggest you look at a Sunday or a Thursday because

(1) The basic price is cheaper
(2) The express price is cheaper
(3) Its less busy

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread