Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Dec 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Anyone taken a baby on a DCL med cruise?

This is a bit of a long shot, my daughter has suddenly said that she fancies taking the baby with me, son and his wife (not her husband as he doesn't like Disney lol) on a med cruise next August.
My granddaughter will be sixteen months, and is already showing an interest in the characters particularly Mickey and Minnie, and absolutely adores watching singing and dancing.
So the character meets will be good as well as the shows, but anything else? DD does not want to put baby into the nursery much as the whole point about this cruise is to get grandbaby disneyfied lol at a young age just like my own two were.
Old 11 Dec 16, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I haven't taken a baby but one thing to keep in mind is that children are not allowed in the pools with swim nappies (or normal nappies obviously! ) on. They must be potty trained.
However, babies can use the splash areas disneycruise.disney.go/f...apers-in-pool/.
The characters would be just as wonderful with a baby on the cruise as they would at the parks. The bonus of the cruise is the lines would be shorter and you are most likely to be indoors with the air con!

You could make use of the open house sessions in the kids club too

Edited at 06:03 PM.
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
I haven't taken a baby but one thing to keep in mind is that children are not allowed in the pools with swim nappies (or normal nappies obviously! ) on. They must be potty trained.
However, babies can use the splash areas disneycruise.disney.go/f...apers-in-pool/.
The characters would be just as wonderful with a baby on the cruise as they would at the parks. The bonus of the cruise is the lines would be shorter and you are most likely to be indoors with the air con!

You could make use of the open house sessions in the kids club too
Thanks. Yes I knew about the pool bit but am unsure what this open house is. Could you elaborate please?
Old 11 Dec 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
At certain times the kids clubs have open house when anyone can go in and play, regardless of their age! There is always secured programming in the other kids club, so you need to stay with your child. Open house is usually offered every day at each club, and it will be a different time each day. If you have a look at some past navigators, you will see how often it is offered.

HTH

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 16, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh, I've just thought as well in the D lounge there is usually a Disney junior wake up dance session. I think they have other Disney junior things in there too. When we went to one Jake from Jake and the Neverland pirates came along too

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
Old 11 Dec 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Oh that's brilliant info thanks. I'm seeing DD tomorrow so I will fill her in on everything that you have said. I looked on the DCL website but didn't see any of this mentioned I don't think.
Old 11 Dec 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

There isn't a lot of info but I found this on the dcl website
disneycruise.disney.go/o...er-youth-club/

there is a little bit about open house under the heading Immerse yourself in imagination ( click on show more ) and then scroll down to created just for kids.

HTH

DVC Owner at OKW
Old 11 Dec 16, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Thanks again. I've followed your link and now understand that there is the youth activities open house that offers babies and adults the chance to visit that location together and the times should be listed on the navigator. If this is combined with character meets and playing in the splash zone which is designed for babies and dancing sometimes that seems enough to keep the little one amused during the day especially as she will probably still need a nap too. This is looking much more promising.
Old 11 Dec 16, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

That's great! I'm sure you'll all have a lovely time together

DVC Owner at OKW
Old 14 Dec 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Carolyn, please don't let her rule out the nursery, it is a an absolute Godsend at times.
We had our grandson on the wedding cruise with us in 2014, he was 8 months at the time. His dad (first timer) said very clearly he didn't want to put him in the nursery as he wanted quality time with him etc etc.
By day 3, he had relented to putting him in for the 2 hours of dinner, plus an hour here or there each day so he could relax in the sun and also some hours in the evening as he wouldn't sit through any show. Not every day, but he definitely saw the benefits of letting him enjoy some hours in the nursery.

Sometimes it's just nice to go to one of the daytime quizzes, bingo, lunch or for a swim as adults only.