Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Norwegian Fjords cruise with PO?

Hi we have never done a cruise, but I have always wanted to.
I'm looking at the PO Norwegian Fjords 7 night cruise.on Azura family ship
Has anyone done this?
Have a fer concerns about t h e food hubby is a very fussy eater only likes basic English food ( chips, pie, mash meat, fry ups, plain steak )
I think the buffet style should be ok is this right?
Dress code, we like jeans, crop shorts, tops, I see they have casual dress nights w h at do ladies wear on these nights it only really says dress or smart jeans I don't do dresses!
Would smart jeans and top do then?
Formal nights is there an area we can go that you don't need to get dressed up?
Any advice would be great also any must dos in port .
Thanks
Old 1 Jan 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
You can have plain steak in the main dining
room - it's one of the standard options always available. The ship is lovely and the Fjords are stunning - what ports do you visit?
You can also go to the buffet restaurant if you don't want to dress up on formal nights, although most do adhere to the dress code, it isn't mandatory and as long as you are smartly dressed you won't look out of place in the main restaurant either.
We gave a family trip planned on Britannia to Norway, but not until 2018. It's my favourite place to cruise to!
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Thanks hat time of the year do you go?
I was looking at 28th may or if not mid/ end July or beg Aug.
What the weather like?
Thanks

Edited at 12:34 PM.
tikka234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went end May/beg June and had lovely warm weather. Rain 1 day only in Bergen. Daylight till 11pm and waterfalls fully gushing. Told their power lessens late summer. Gerainger is really the start of the FABULOUSNESS! Not sailed with P&O - always Celebrity but dress/dining options are very flexible. Sailed home across the North Sea with balcony doors open at night - was like a millpond☺
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We've done early June and weather has ranged from glorious sun to cloudy and rain, either way it's still been a great cruise

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just to add, if Flam is one of your ports, the train ride is stunning. I have to say that Flam is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to - just took my breath away.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Old 1 Jan 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We are on the cruise you mentioned with P&O only we are going early July.
This will be our 4th cruise, but our first with P&O. On our previous cruises, apart from formal night the dress code in the main dining room has been pretty relaxed. Smart jeans and top or polo type shirt are ok, but no shorts or football type shirts.
I can't see the food being a problem, there is a good choice. The buffet is the place to go on formal nights if you don't want to get dressed up.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We went and of July and had great weather except in Bergen where it was drizzly, Cousins went a fortnight later and it wasn't great the whole week. Just your luck really.
If you go to Olden you can get the public bus up to the glacier visitor centre and walk up from there to the base of the glacier. We did this with DM on her birthday. It cost us the same for 4 of us as the ships tour would have cost for 1 person and the bus takes you the same place.
Re formal nights you can eat in the buffet but also be prepared for some (but not all) of the bars to insist on the dress code as well. Once we were in a bar and DDad took off his bow tie and was requested to put it back on by one of the bar tenders.
Old 1 Jan 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

That's for all your replies very helpful