Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Jan 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

5th December: Hollywood Studios and Disney Springs

Since this was our first morning with the car, that could only mean one thing… IHOP! We both love IHOP, but have never been together before. We went to one on the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway at about 8am – it was so quiet in there! I ordered a stack or the raspberry and white chocolate chip pancakes ($7.99), a side of bacon ($3.29) and an apple juice ($2.39). He had a combo meal which was eggs (he asked for them poached and they came out on a piece of toast which we had never seen before), bacon, hash brown and pancakes (he chose strawberry cheesecake flavour) ($8.99), and a coffee ($2.39).

There was so much topping on my pancakes, which was good as I really like the flavour, but it made them a bit soggy after a while sadly. It was all really good though, although I didn’t manage to finish my feast! We had a voucher for a free stack of pancakes for joining the mailing list so it cost us $24 including tax and tip. Not a bad way to start the day!

Onto Hollywood studios decked out for Christmas

After singing along with Belle and shooting some 3D targets the bf decided he was hungry and wanted some lunch – we went to Staring Rolls at about 1pm and he ordered a huge turkey sandwich, which came with a bag of lays (which got eaten at a later date). I imagine I drank some water whilst he ate. Sorry, I forgot to take photos of this. It cost $11.18, including tax. Although, I forgot to take a picture of his lunch I did take this:

I swore I would eat one when it was less hot, but I could never find one when I wanted one... sad times

After this I went to get my lunch(!) and he decided he wanted dessert so we headed over to Hollywood Scoops. I ordered an ice cream cookie sandwich, with mint ice cream ($5.29) and he ordered a cup of orange sherbet ice cream ($4.49) – total was $10.42, including tax.

These were delicious, but huge! He managed all of his ice cream, but I was less successful. I ate one cookie and all of the ice cream, but couldn’t even touch the second cookie! Perfect lunch for a hot December day though!

At about 3pm he decided he needed a caffeine fix and got an iced cappuccino from a Joffreys Cart ($5.75) – he gets a lot of these and I never once remembered to take a picture, sorry!

After we were finished at Hollywood Studios we headed over to Disney Springs to look at the Christmas decorations, see the new night time drone show, explore the town centre area which was still behind construction walls when we were last there, and importantly try out a Blaze pizza!

The main Christmas tree was spectacular, but there was also a Christmas tree trail with lots of trees themed after different movies – it even snowed as we were walking around. I was so happy at this point I could have cried! I have included a selection of my favourite trees for you to look at!

The drone show was really good, really clever – we were both impressed. We also really liked the new Disney Springs, although a bit upmarket for us, it is nice to walk through. Now, onto the important bit… Blaze pizza! My bf had always said he wanted to do Earl of Sandwich, as we hadn’t managed to fit it in last time (although we have been in DLP). I then explained to him what Blaze was, and all thoughts of Earl vanished! We both absolutely loved it here! We both chose the create your own pizzas – mine with lots of meat, pineapple and extra cheese on it, his with various meats, peppers, chilli (sorry, I should have written notes!). We both also had a cup to help ourselves to the drinks – our favourite was the blood orange lemonade, it was amazing! The total cost for two pizzas and two drinks was $26.94 – definitely worth it!

With very full bellys we made our way back to Pop and collapsed into bed - but not without taking one more picture of the tree all lit up at night time on the way out!

Total food spends for today: $78.29 (including tax and tips)
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
Look forward to reading more.
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Enjoying reading along look forward to the rest!
Joan
Thanks for reading The next day was just added up, hope you enjoy
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Another great day added. Really looking forward to my trip next November. Going to add Blazes onto my list of places to try! Loving the Christmas trees again!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Blaze looks great!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great start
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for a great tr so far - can't wait for the rest.
Old 5 Jan 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Great start, can't wait to read more
POR, Cabana Bay & OKW - Aug/Sep 2017, Cabana Bay - January 2018, All-Star Sports - September 2018, POFQ & HRH Nov/Dec 2018, Yacht Club, Sapphire Falls, Miami and New York September 2019, Pop & AOA December 2021, POR & HRH September 2022, Pop Century May 2023, Disneyland California October 2023, COMING UP: Caribbean Beach May 2024
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

It all looks so good! Thanks for taking the time to post.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

6th December: Animal Kingdom and Buffalo Wild Wings

Today was Animal Kingdom Day! I love Animal Kingdom so much, but sadly I discovered today that it is less fun with a faulty poncho that does not keep the water out… Anyway, jumping ahead to all the action there…

The morning started in Everything Pop food court once again. I once again had a kids Mickey waffles meal (picture from the other day – I think I had the strawberries with it this time too) – this cost $5.32 inc tax.

He had the adults pancake platter (which I didn’t take a picture of, sorry!). It was a stack of pancakes with bacon and sausage, and then coated in syrup, of course! This cost $9.05 inc tax. He would have drunk a lot of coffee in his mug too!

Onto Animal Kingdom – it was grey, but I still managed to get a picture of the tree. You may have worked out by now that I do love a good Christmas tree!

Walking around Animal Kingdom I got very grumpy whenever I saw the Rivers of Light area... this was originally supposed to open in my April trip, and it didn't even occur to me that we would end up missing it for both trips this year (with no plans to return next year sadly..) One day!

At lunch time we headed to Flame Tree BBQ for some lunch – it was drizzling on the walk over, but in the line to order the heavens opened! I sent the bf off to find us an under cover seat whilst I waited for our food and hoped there was a slight gap in the rain so I could make a run for it without completely destroying our food! He luckily managed to find a seat, although it was only just under cover so when the wind changed direction we got a bit wet! Ah well, all good fun and I managed to get there without our food getting too wet either, so I will count that as a success! To eat I got the portion of fries with pulled pork and cheese – this is a side order, but I wasn’t that hungry and I really wanted to try them! These cost $6.49 and were sooooo good! I also got an ice water. He had the pulled pork sandwich which came with a side of beans ($10.99) and a mandarin lemonade ($3.99) and he really liked them – I had a sip of the lemonade and it was amazing! Total cost for lunch was $22.87 inc tax.

We hung out at our table for a bit after eating and made friends with the people sat near by… no one wanted to leave due to the torrential rain! Eventually it let up a bit so we decided to head over to it’s tough to be a bug as it wasn’t too far away… Then the rain got really heavy. This has the longest que ever, and half of it was flooded… Then we got inside and I realised my poncho (decent quality one newly purchased for the trip) wasn’t waterproof… Perfect! I was grumpy at this point.

The rain eventually eased, although it was still grey and miserable, and we enjoyed a bit more time at Animal Kingdom before heading to starbucks. He had a latte ($4.57 including tax) and I wasn’t going to have anything. Then I noticed a sign advertising a snickerdoodle hot chocolate and after asking what it was, I was sold! So I got a small one of those as well ($4.04 including tax). This was basically a white hot chocolate with a cinnamon cookie flavour – really good and just what I needed after the grey and miserable weather!

After this we headed back to the resort to change into dry clothes before heading out for the evening to Buffalo Wild Wings! I had read about this place on trip reports on here and thought it would be right up the bfs street as he loves wings and spicy sauces. But also, because they did boneless wings meant I was happy to go along too – not a fan of standard wings. Today was a Tuesday when there standard wings are half price. We got a strawberry lemonade each ($3.39 each) and then I had a ‘snack’ (ha) size portion of boneless wings in sweet BBQ sauce ($8.79) and he got a ‘small’ (ha again) size portion of the regular wings, half with hot bbq sauce and half with thai curry sauce ($5.90, as they were half price). We then also got a portion of cheese curds ($5.89) and a portion of wedges ($3.89) to share.

Well the bf was in heaven with his wings and I discovered a new love… cheese curds! These are the best thing ever. The wedges were really tasty too and my boneless wings were ok, but came a bit over powering and soggy with too much sauce at the bottom. The strawberry lemonade was also amazing! I am craving strawberry lemonade and cheese curds now! This whole meal cost $38.43 (including tax and tip). Very happy I found this one on the Dibb, thanks all!

After this we went back to the hotel to sleep off all the excess food!

Total food spends for today: $84.28 (including tax and tips)
Old 7 Jan 17, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Another great day added. Really looking forward to my trip next November. Going to add Blazes onto my list of places to try! Loving the Christmas trees again!
Definitely go to Blaze if you can - we both loved it and good value for a Disney quick service

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
Blaze looks great!
It was so good! So good in fact, you may see another trip later in this report!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Great start
Thank you, and thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
Thanks for a great tr so far - can't wait for the rest.
Thanks - I just posted the next day

Originally Posted by rscxox View Post
Great start, can't wait to read more
Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
It all looks so good! Thanks for taking the time to post.
I do really miss the food! Thanks for reading!