Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Been a bit naughty

Well as you might know I booked an NCL cruise for July to Northern Europe/Baltics, and I ended up busing through cruise as they offered me the cheapest price.

Well on Friday I came home to a big envelope of cruise brochures from them which I took to bed with a cuppa on Friday night.

Well in there was a special offer of a Thomson cruise that went to Croatia, Slovenia and Venice, Venice being a big bucket list destination of mine, and really keen to see Split too.

So I cheekily enquired for a price, checked it vs the direct cost, haggled it down a bit, and, I BOOKED.

So 4th May I go to

Day : 1 Embark Dubrovnik Port
Day : 2 At Sea
Day : 3 Call Koper Port
Day : 4 Call Venice Port
Day : 5 Call Pula Port
Day : 6 Call Zadar Port
Day : 7 Call Split Port
Day : 8 Debark Dubrovnik Port

Like I say a bit naughty, but it wasn't an awful price, I pay a lot for single supplement but my NCL cruise was £1399 for 9 nights, all inclusive but no flights or tips.

And the Thomson was £1,149 including flights AND tips, also AI on the drinkies. Only 7 nights I know, but still.

Thats it now, beans on toast for me...
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Good on you! as I say life is too short not to holiday!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Good for you, that's a fantastic itinerary!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds great, the sail into / away from Venice is one of the best experiences ever, and we love Dubrovnic.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Sounds great, the sail into / away from Venice is one of the best experiences ever, and we love Dubrovnic.
I am sooo excited about Venice

UNfortunately I don't get too much time in Dubrovnik, as that is our embarkation/disembarkation point, but I chose the stupidly early flight from Manchester, which gets me in at 9.10am into the airport.

My cruise consultant chappie said I might be on the boat by 11, and sail away is 10pm.

Any highlights of a couple of things to do in the afternoon on a VERY condensed timeframe.
Old 10 Jan 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I am sooo excited about Venice

UNfortunately I don't get too much time in Dubrovnik, as that is our embarkation/disembarkation point, but I chose the stupidly early flight from Manchester, which gets me in at 9.10am into the airport.

My cruise consultant chappie said I might be on the boat by 11, and sail away is 10pm.

Any highlights of a couple of things to do in the afternoon on a VERY condensed timeframe.
We enjoy just having a wander around the old walled city, and around the walls.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

That's a great cruise, you will be visiting some wonderful places.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Sounds good to me. When we did a similar itinerary, a surprise favourite was Koper in Slovenia. It's a lovely little old town but we hired a car and took a look around. Slovenia is now on our list of places to visit for a holiday.

And you are going at a good time of year - Venice should not be too hot or too crowded to enjoy. Well I hope that's the case for you
Old 11 Jan 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Sounds good to me. When we did a similar itinerary, a surprise favourite was Koper in Slovenia. It's a lovely little old town but we hired a car and took a look around. Slovenia is now on our list of places to visit for a holiday.

And you are going at a good time of year - Venice should not be too hot or too crowded to enjoy. Well I hope that's the case for you
I have been to Slovenia once when I was about 17 and loved it, so I am excited about Koper 😊
Old 17 Jan 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
sound great...

I had been sailed from Venice and it was really awesome...

I would love to do that again...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List