Notices

Old 9 Feb 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
burns3466
Getting Excited

Let it snow, let it snow...the cold never bothered me anyway!

Where to start?

This trip has been a long time coming. Originally way, way, way back in 1993 when I was 19 years old (a lot slimmer and with less wrinkles!) and newly engaged to my (now) husband, we had planned a trip to Euro Disney, as it was then called. My DH was in the army at the time and had been stationed for 6 months in Northern Ireland. We therefore wanted to go on a holiday together when his tour was over and he was due a week's R & R.

We booked through a travel agent - at a time when you had no choice but to walk into a store on the High Street and get an operator to book everything for you in person! We booked on an organised coach trip and were really looking forward to a few days away together, until the tour operator called me a few weeks before we were due to leave and told me the trip had been cancelled, as they hadn't sold enough places on the coach.

We planned to go at another time but then started hearing from friends and family of how awful the park was, how the staff and park guests were rude, had no concept of queuing and how the toilets and food were disgusting! I had been to Disney World with my parents a few years before and suggested to my OH that we spend a bit longer saving up and went to Florida instead (which we did in 1997, after we had got married and bought our first house).

Fast forward to 2017 and I decided to book a mother and daughter trip for me and my eldest child as, for a variety of reasons, she had had a really tough year and needed complete escapism from all her troubles and worries. We originally planned to go in November but the christmas job she had at the time meant she couldn't get the time off, so I re-scheduled it to February 2018 instead. I just want to say at this point that I received very good service from Magic Breaks when booking this holiday and they were extremely helpful when I had to make a lot of changes to my original arrangements.

We were booked on a direct Eurostar train to the parks from London St Pancras (also a first for us through the tunnel), for 3 nights and 4 days from 4th-7th Feb. We stayed at the New York Hotel in a plaza room with the full board plus dining package and Disney Express included. We also had photopass added as a complimentary extra.

In a strange coincidence...my daughter is the same age I would have been if I had gone on the trip back in 1993... !

Day one to follow...

Edited at 04:57 PM.
burns3466 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds exciting! Looking forward to reading more.