Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Dec 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7 days Live - Travel day Part 1

Good morning from a very warm and beautiful Orlando. Our travel day yesterday was a long food filled day and we ate some delicious food.

First up us the V-Room at Manchester Airport. We love the V-Room and book it every trip (if flying with Virgin). We ordered a couple of Jd and cokes

We then went for some breakfast

This was great although the sausages were a little tough like as if they’d been there for a while, Dan had the same but minus the tomato

They also had a great variety of sweet items such as pastry’s, cookies, muffins etc

They also had some seasonal Christmas shortbread

Here’s my plate of sweet items, Dan just had the main breakfast

Everything was really good (except the sausages) it’s great value for money and always a great place to relax before a flight.

It was then time for our flight. We sat in the bubble in row 78 and the menu was handed out straight away.

We had a couple JD and cokes and the usual little pretzels

Around 11am lunch was served, I went for the Mac n cheese with pancetta, it came with crackers and Boursin, a salad and the usual gu pot, the flavour was chocolate with caramel ginger.

Does anyone eat this salad? I didn’t

The macaroni was surprisingly very good, it tasted cheesy and was packed with pancetta, I’ve not seen it on the menu before but if it pops up again I’ll definitely order

The gu pot was great, very gooey and you could taste the ginger, Dan only had the dessert as he doesn’t enjoy plane food but as yesterday he will give his thoughts below

Later on I had a randoms lolly, it was a bit like a solero and really fruity and refreshing

Later on around 2 hours before landing we got our afternoon tea, this is now done by Eric Lanyard and I’ve got to say that it was impressive for plane food, I had a mozzarella and pesto roll with scone, jan and clotted cream, all delicious but the scone was super crumbled, Dan had the scone but not the sandwich.

Later on we visited the NBC sports bar and Grill at city walk, I’ll pop that post up later on this afternoon

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Ahhh the delights of hospitality food. A veritable mixed bag of possibles and maybes.

Jack Daniels: good, good, oh to hell with it: GREAT.

V-Room breakfast: actually this is nice. Fresh and filling. You get a really good size portion (for buffet as well) and it’s tasty. It’s a breakfast grill up. Done well.

So that filling breakfast has a side effect: not hungry on the flight, which is just as well as I really don’t like plane food. At all. Ever.

Saying that, more free Jack Daniels and an inoffensive GU pudding. Winner winner.

Now let the food commence!
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Totally agree about the salad. We had the same one in September. It was vile!