Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

4 go to DLP - Feb 2020 - Pre Travel Day

Saturday 1st Feb: (Apologies for the lack of photos today - I definitely make up for it when we get to Disney!)

Alice was up very early this morning - 5.30 I think she had stirred and was just too excited to get back to sleep. Tbh I can definitely sympathise!
Everything at home went very smoothly with the last minute bits to pack as we'd loaded most of the car up last night. We even managed to clean a bit, empty the bins and drop the perishable food into my mum (who lives round the corner) rather than chuck it! Feeling very smug we drove off at 9am, called into Sainsburys for fuel and a couple of random bits we needed and were soon waiting for our 10.30 ferry to Southampton.
Breakfast on the ferry is a holiday tradition for us so we tucked into that and got the Disney sticker books out to entertain the kids once the food was all gone. Somehow (I still have no idea how!) I managed to swipe Matt's latte onto the floor before he had even taken one sip, oops! Swiftly purchased another and was just grateful it hadn't landed on anyone!
William fell asleep almost immediately driving out of Southampton which was great, but then he woke after 45 mins, doh. Kept driving as Alice looked like she was about to drop off too and thought he might go back to sleep but then they both snapped out of it and were wide awake so we drove on a bit and then stopped at a services. We'd been on the road about 90 mins so definitely time for more food! Mcdonalds purchased and eaten we hit the road again and we were at our friend's house in Maidstone in just over an hour, learning about static with the Mcdonalds balloon on the way!

We had a lovely afternoon catching up with them and the kids played with their 2 year old son really nicely. They cooked us a lovely lasagne for dinner and we left at around 6.30 to go to Holiday Inn Ashford North. Check in was smooth, though there was no travel cot in our room but they brought one up within 5 mins. Both children were tired after the early start and William's short nap so we got them ready for bed straight away.
William is far too easily distracted when trying to go to sleep so we built a little fort round his cot:

Matt and I sat in silence in the dark waiting for them to go to sleep which thankfully didn't take too long! We chilled out watching tv for the evening and went to sleep at around 10ish.

Edited at 08:59 PM.
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Love the make-shift fort to keep William tucked away... brilliant idea!

Excited to read along with your trip
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List