Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 20 Feb 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
ITunes Problem

Hi,
Our old computer recently died and we now have a new laptop. This is set up with two user accounts both with administrator privileges. I installed itunes and syned to my ipad and iphone in my user account and subsequently DH signed in to itunes in his user account and added some new music but hasn't yet added his old music. Today I have gone in to my user account and got a message that Itunes was corrupted and I understood I needed to uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled but then when I tried to reinstall it told me I couldn't because another user already had it and that would need to be uninstalled as well. Foolishly I went in to my husbands user account and uninstalled it but I still got the same message. I have followed lots of instructions from the internet about going in to program files and removing bonjour and looking for various other things which weren't there.
So, we are now in the awful position (which DH doesn't know about because he is at work) that we have no itunes on either user account but we cannot reinstall it either from Microsoft store (it says get, comes up with a dialogue box wanting to open sometjhing but even if you allow it nothing happens) or from iTunes as it says another user already has it and it has to be uninstalled first, but it's not there.
Please can anyone help with idiot proof instructions as to how I can fix this mess?
Thanks
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi All,
Just to say that after much more messing around I have somehow got it to work.
What a relief!