Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KermitThefrog
Excited about Disney

MCO pick up - accessing restaurants/shops

My mum decided to hijack my trip, I'm going to pick her up from MCO. If I park the car, can I go and wait at the shops/restaurants or are these past security? Thanks
KermitThefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Plenty to do before security, there are loads of shops and a food court area accessible to all airport visitors.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One of our daughters regularly goes over and joins us for a week during our holidays.

Because we always stay at Highgate Park our route back to MCO always takes us on the 417 and we hit side B first. We park up in the multi-storey garage above the car hire places. Usually go straight to the roof because it's quicker than driving round every intermediate floor looking for a space.

Down in the lift, through the tunnel and up to level 3. Sit in the walkway from APM 4 on side B where all UK direct flights land. We can see them and they can see us there.

Have a look at this web site, Filter out "main terminal" and you'll see how may places you can browse land side.

orlandoairports/getting-...s-restaurants/

Stay on that web site to get more parking options

Mick
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KermitThefrog
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Plenty to do before security, there are loads of shops and a food court area accessible to all airport visitors.
Thank you!
KermitThefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KermitThefrog
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
One of our daughters regularly goes over and joins us for a week during our holidays.

Because we always stay at Highgate Park our route back to MCO always takes us on the 417 and we hit side B first. We park up in the multi-storey garage above the car hire places. Usually go straight to the roof because it's quicker than driving round every intermediate floor looking for a space.

Down in the lift, through the tunnel and up to level 3. Sit in the walkway from APM 4 on side B where all UK direct flights land. We can see them and they can see us there.

Have a look at this web site, Filter out "main terminal" and you'll see how may places you can browse land side.

orlandoairports/getting-...s-restaurants/

Stay on that web site to get more parking options

Mick
Thank you! Yes, I saw the parking options when searching. I’m debating just pulling up at the cellphone lot or just parking up and going in and eat/look around the shops.
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by KermitThefrog View Post
Thank you! Yes, I saw the parking options when searching. I’m debating just pulling up at the cellphone lot or just parking up and going in and eat/look around the shops.
Basically I don't trust the roaming options offered by suppliers USA was included by Vodafone last April then it was removed in November but they didn't bother to tell us.

Therefore we leave our mobiles on flight mode all the time so the cell phone lot wouldn't work for us.

Parking where we do is cheap enough anyway compared with UK airports. We watch flight aware at the villa which is a 40 minute drive to MCO and leave just about the time the plane is due. The drive and parking up usually equals the average time through immigration and baggage claim If we're late they know where to sit anyway.

Mick
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KermitThefrog
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m on 3 pay and go so don’t need to worry about my phone, but was thinking about whether hers would work (ie thinking a meeting place might be better in that respect).
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by KermitThefrog View Post
I’m on 3 pay and go so don’t need to worry about my phone, but was thinking about whether hers would work (ie thinking a meeting place might be better in that respect).
If she's flying direct on BA, VS or Norwegian she'll arrive at gates 70-99 and arrive in the central area on APM 4. That walkway I described is only about 30' wide so you'll certainly see her as she walks from the train.

AS a backstop there's a large fountain in the central concourse where some Dibbers meet but we've met our girls about 6 times over the years and we've never missed each other.

Mick

Edited at 04:00 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List