Notices

Old 29 Apr 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Eeeeep can’t wait for the character breakfast pics! I’m sure Charlie will love all the characters again!

V cute wee collection of clothes for Charlie!

You’re not far off double digits and after that it’ll fly by! Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It’s all coming together slowly, loving Charlie’s outfits so far! 😍 xx
I am loving an excuse for shopping, he will have enough for a 4 week holiday by the time we actually go no doubt!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Fab update & love your choices - I think those are our two favourite character breakfasts!

Hmm the cinnamon roll at garden grille!
Ooo I have heard good things about the cinnamon roll... that sounds like my dream breakfast! Can't wait to try it!

Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
Great choices, we ate at both of those last year
Great to hear such good reviews, feel even happier with our choices now!

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Love Crystal Palace Breakfast and I just booked Garden Grill for October - so excited for this one.

I still keep checking premier inn too but its even more now! xx
Oh Premier Inn just isn't budging is it? I am pretty much accepting now that we are going to just have to pay this much!

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Eeeeep can’t wait for the character breakfast pics! I’m sure Charlie will love all the characters again!

V cute wee collection of clothes for Charlie!

You’re not far off double digits and after that it’ll fly by! Xxx
Double digits is coming around so quickly... I think we may actually hit it around the time you are out there!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Exciting we will be there around the same time with William who will be 18 months. Loved your pre trippy xx

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 (including Disney Cruise), 2017, 2018
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Hard Rock Hotel, Car hire & an impromptu trip to DLP

So May was a busy month what with two bank holidays, a trip up to Doncaster for my little sister's baby shower and a wonderful trip to Villages Nature Paris (basically French Center Parks). Whilst we were in France we ended up having an impromptu visit to Disneyland Paris (it would have been rude not to right?!)... if anyone would like to read about our day I have done a one-day trip report which can be found here! It was such a fab day!

But now back to the important topic of our upcoming WDW trip... we have ticked a few more thing of the list! Hurrah!

First up, car hire is sorted. This is left down to Paul to organise, he does all the driving whilst we are away so I leave him to make these decisions... if he is happy with what we are driving then I am happy! So after stalking prices for a few months he managed to snag a pretty good deal with Hertz for a mini van coming in at £440 for the two weeks we are there. We would normally get an SUV but given we are a larger party this time and will have quite substantial amount of luggage (including the pushchair) we knew a 7 seater would be necessary! Charlie's car seat that we are taking is pretty bulky so squishing two adults in the back next to that is never going to be a fun task! Hertz are also based onsite at MCO which is another plus, I'm hoping for shorter queues than we have seen at Alamo in the past!

Next up... we have booked a night at Hard Rock Hotel! We did this back on our 2016 trip and absolutely loved it!

We have opted to stay on the Monday night of our first week, there is no Halloween Horror Nights scheduled on either the Monday or the Tuesday so it will mean we will be able to get maximum park time without having to deal with early park closing. The main perk of this is of course the express passes, we found these invaluable last time and given that there are limited rides that Charlie can do at Universal it will allow us on and off things pretty quickly and avoid too much queuing!

We found the cheapest price on Travelbag.com but after a recommendation on here I booked through Hotels.com at a higher rate with the intention of getting them to price match but then also being able to use Quidco to get some cash back too. This didn't work as planned as the cancellation policy on Travelbag is different to that on Hotels.com so they declined my request (basically they didn't deem it a like-for-like booking). With that we cancelled the original booking and went direct with Travelbag instead (having to forgo the Quidco cash back). It is still working out around £35 cheaper than with other sites so still a better deal. (Although still eye-wateringly expensive, we are paying £291 per room, quite the increase on the £180 we paid back in 2016!).
But you can't put a price on memories eh?! I am so excited to be sitting around that pool again with a hope of another delicious cocktail...

Whilst on the subject of Universal... I decided a couple of weeks back that I would buy the photo package again. We found it pretty inferior to Disney's offering when we bought it on our last trip but we did still manage to collect a considerable amount of photos and given this time there will be a group of us it will be good knowing we can get some nice shots of us all together (plus all the ride photos which are always nice to have to add to the old trip report!). I was all set to pay $89.99 for the 3 day package but then was very happy to stumble across a thread on here a few days back that informed me there was a sale currently on that had the 5 day package on offer at $59.99! we will only be doing 2 days there but great to get it that much cheaper, thank you to The Dibb! SO that is all paid for and ready to go!

I think that covers everything for now. I am still keeping an eagle eye on MDE to see if I can get an earlier slot for our Garden Grill breakfast but no such luck as yet.

Next on the to-do list is ESTAs and park tickets!

Edited at 01:23 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

That seems like a great price for the mini van - is that hertz direct? Id already deduced that we would defo need one of those next year!

Ouch to that increase on the Hard Rock! I’m sure it’ll all be worth it though and great little saving on the photo package too. Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m the exact same with car hire, Chris’s choice! I really couldn’t care what kind it is! Haha!

So glad you got your night at universal and the deal on the photos! I’ll look forward to seeing the ride pics

Not long till double digits now! Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
That seems like a great price for the mini van - is that hertz direct? Id already deduced that we would defo need one of those next year!

Ouch to that increase on the Hard Rock! I’m sure it’ll all be worth it though and great little saving on the photo package too. Xx
Yes it was a really good price, particularly in comparison to som of the other rental companies! It was through eBookers and Paul found when he logged into his account the price went down by about £80 from what it was when he first searched! (you will for sure be needing a mini van so might be useful information for next year! )

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
I’m the exact same with car hire, Chris’s choice! I really couldn’t care what kind it is! Haha!

So glad you got your night at universal and the deal on the photos! I’ll look forward to seeing the ride pics

Not long till double digits now! Xxx
I'm hoping more than anything ET's closest is open again for the photo op... Charlie in there will make for the cutest photo ever!
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great you have booked a night at Hard Rock - I love that hotel … and the cocktails are pretty good too!

Did you book Premier Inn or still price stalking? I have a room booked now but price didn't' drop.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great you have booked a night at Hard Rock - I love that hotel … and the cocktails are pretty good too!

Did you book Premier Inn or still price stalking? I have a room booked now but price didn't' drop.
We have a room booked at the flexible rate (£99) so I am still stalking to see if the saver rate will come down. It is not budging! I think I will give it to the end of the month and then just bite the bullet and re-book as it will still save us £25ish!
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looks Fab,

My wife and myself are travelling in September this year with our 20 month year old daughter for her first visit. We are taking My Mum and her Partner.

Very similar holidays!
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List