Notices

Old 27 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 13

Last full day for the other 5. It was early entry to Universal Studios, so Stevie, Ben and I headed in. We did Despicable Me and Gringotts. This was Ben's first time in Daigon Alley, and he was totally taken by the detail. He had a quick chat with the head at the night bus before we headed in. We had thought we'd jump on the Hogwarts express and head over to the new Hagrid ride, however, a conductress was informing the queue that gusts would be allowed into IOA at 8.45 and the first train would not leave till 9.00 am so the line would've already started by that time. We decided to hotfoot it over to IOA and queue. 90 minutes from the end of the line but it was moving so quickly we were sure it was an over estimation (hoping it would be like Smuggler's Run). When we were within touching distance of the ride it had tech issues and it was about 20 mins at least before it was running again! It was amazing and is a great addition. Worth the extended wait, probably. So all in we waited for a little over 2 hours, but 11.00 am we'd done 3 rides, not a good start.

We hopped on the Hogwarts Express back to Universal and headed for Men in Black, then the Simpsons. By the time we came off of the Simpson's ride it was pouring. We met up with the rest at Moe's as we were child swapping for the afternoon. We had a beer and a donut and Steven, Brenda and Tyler went off on their own. We took Lilly to Barney's Playground for a wee while. Ben and I went to try and get on ET, but after waiting 20 minutes in the Express queue with the loading area already full, we gave up. We all headed to the Transformers, Ben and I went on, Stevie wasn't too bothered so waited with Lilly. We then headed to shrek, Stevie and Ben went on and I amused Lilly. I wasn't too bothered about seeing this.

Keeping Lilly amused on the night bus.

Then we headed to The Mummy, the guys went first and Lilly and I tried to shelter from the ongoing rain. They seemed to be gone for ages. Eventually they came down the slope in the shop and Stevie and I headed back on. We were straight on and off. I feel this is a great ride that often gets overlooked.

Back at the hotel we got our swimmers on and headed to the pool. Steven, Brenda and Tyler weren't far behind us. However, Steven had a headache so went for a nap. We took out in turns to go on the water with the kids, had some cocktails and after a couple of hours decided it was time to head for dinner.

Washed and changed we headed to Grill Brew. Once we were seated Stevie headed to the restroom. On the way he slipped on some wetness on the floor and hurt his knee. The manager came, the Citywalk medic was called, security came. Statements had to be written up, all before we had the chance to order! Nightmare. We eventually ordered and ate at around 9.30 pm. The kids were concerned for papa. The food was delicious and our server good, but not a thing off dinner for our inconvenience, we were offered a free dessert, but we were full. Steven, Brenda and the kids then headed back to the hotel. Steven, Ben and I went to Margaritaville and had a drink each and listened to the live music. It was raining again so we sat it out till it stopped and headed back to bed.

Old 27 Oct 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 27 Oct 19 9:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I hope Stevie’s knee is ok.

What a shame with the rain too.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

His knee is doing fine. Thankfully the rain didn’t really stop us doing much.
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a shame about the knee hope it’s ok soon

Joan