Old 6 Nov 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Do you like gin?
I’ve seen these...

They’re available individually too

I might get them because I only need 3!
I’ll make some with scratchcards and stuff for the meals when there are more of us.
I’ve made them for a few years now.
Who wants a miniature tape measure and a tiny pack of cards anyway?!

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Wouldn’t be at all surprised... I usually give the leftover ones to the grandkids but last year they nearly caused a riot... none of them wanted the golf tees and the tiny screwdrivers weren’t too popular either...
This made me chuckle! The stuff you get in crackers is such crap, sometimes it is worth it for a laugh! The set of playing cards that are so tiny and such thin paper that only Barbie could use them; the plastic "fortune telling" fish that is amusing for about 15 seconds; the hexagonal spinning thing that is amusing for about 5 seconds; and the tiniest plastic comb I have ever seen in my life - who on earth is that supposed to be useful for?
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I usually get these in the January sale and put them away. They come with a joke and a hat and I put things like earrings, nail polish, chocolate coins, lottery tickets, key rings and stuff like that, I hated the plastic waste which would be looked at and then put in the bin.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I bought a make your own cracker kit from M&S today , first time of doing them myself, they were £6 for 8 crackers. I'll put a scratch card in each one and then I'll be scouting for ideas lol
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I've put a face pack in daughter's, a pack of 8 hair bows in granddaughters and some tic tacs in hubbys, in the past the boys have had puncture repair kits for their bikes. Nail varnish for the girls .
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I really hadn't thought about personalizing them ! I've got thinking to do!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm doing a gift exchange.

10 people (5a/5c)
Dice
10 cheap gifts- some good, some naff. Ie, toilet roll wrapped beautifully, chocolate orange wrapped in newspaper, China ornamant from charity shop wrapped okay, etc.
Everyone is handed a gift.
Go round table and each person takes turns to roll dice.
Numbers on dice mean different actions. Swap gift with person on left. Swap with person of your choice, etc.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve never made them before but I might have a go this year. I might have bought some in the sale last year though, so I’ll have to check the loft first. If I have, I might personalise those ones for this year and plan to make some next year!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve bought bingo ones from The Range. Picture bingo for Christmas Say when there is a 5 year old and number bingo for Boxing Day! No cheap plastic rubbish and 10 minutes of entertainment hopefully.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

I LOVE the idea of personalised crackers!
We always have Christmas dinner at my mums house. She loves Christmas and puts a huge effort in. I always buy the crackers, she likes the posh ones lol
My sister & her partner are ... how do I say, tight as cramp and a pair of hum bugs. Not into Christmas at all so never bring anything, that’s a whole other thread lol
I am now thinking of buying cheap crackers and putting something in them. Is it easy to do?
I am thinking a miniature bottle for my sisters partner, nail varnish for the females.
What do you think for two teenage boys?
Also a 6 year old boy?
Not sure about my husband either (we do not really drink alcohol)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List