Notices

Old 10 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Shhh. It's A Secret...!

And so it begins... The "Shhh. It's A Secret...! " trip to DLP.

February 17th to 21st
Disney's Sequoia Lodge

The Gang
Me - Paul (42) the DH, the Captain, chief planner, finance manager...
DW - Elizabeth (41), keeps me in check, likes to go with the flow...
DD - Lucie (6), the one we're doing this for... will wet herself!

By the way, this was last summer. Lucie no longer has a broken arm!

The Background
So, way back in the year 2000 me and the DW "hooked up", started dating etc... Our second trip away was to DLP for Christmas 2000. It was awesome... So, obviously when we got married in 2003, the only choice for our honeymoon was of course to up the ante - WDW... Fast forward approximately 17 years, double digit WDW/DLP trips as a couple and we now have acquired our very own Princess who has never experienced anything other than the Disney Store..!
So in 2019 we're thinking can we afford to go to Disney - Paris/Florida? What do we need to sacrifice? What can we realistically afford and when? Calculations done. DLP in 2020 it is then.
The first, and most important part of this trip is "Shhh. It's A Secret...! ". If anyone tells the DD they're in BIG BIG trouble. It's a complete and utter surprise and will remain so until she figures it out. When that will be - who knows? On the way to London, when we rock up to the Eurostar terminal where everyone else is with their Disney gear and talking all things Disney..? Or not until we get off the Eurostar at DLP... !
I guess we shall see... but i'm certainly getting a tad giddy about it all now.

The Plan (subject to last minute alterations)

Saturday 15th February
Sleepover at the in-laws as we're getting a direct train from Hull to Kings Cross which leaves Sunday morning before the earliest bus gets us to Hull. Would have preferred to go from York but as I type this LNER still haven't released any tickets for the Sunday so my trigger finger got twitchy and I booked what was available.
It's also our wedding anniversary so guaranteed takeaway for tea!
Sunday 16th February
Up and out... train from Hull at 10:45am. Arrive LKX around 13:30. Check in at Premier Inn Euston for the night. Jump on the tube and head into London Town for a bit or hang around locally and find somewhere nice to have a bite to eat. Not decided on this yet so will play it by ear I reckon.
Monday 17th February
This is it folks... We're off to see the Mouse... I honestly have no idea how this day is going to work out with respects to the DD. Will she have figured it out, will some random person we don't know ask her if she's going to Disney...
So, we'll start the day with a coffee and a croissant. Might as well start the week like it'll be... coffees and pastries all the way...
Eurostar at 10:14, direct to DLP. Check in ASAP at Sequoia Lodge. Dump bags. Go for a weeeeee... Then onto Disneyland Park for a couple of hours.
We've got the half-board meal plan so for our first night i've booked us in for the buffet at the hotel in Hunter's Grill at 19:30.
Tuesday 18th February
Can't think of a much better way to start the day than A Royal Breakfast with Disney Princesses at Auberge de Cendrillon at 09:45. So we'll get into Disneyland Park for the EMH first thing. After that I think we'll do the full day in the park. Dinner this evening is at La Grange au Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon at 19:30.
Wednesday 19th February
Breakfast in the hotel then onto Studios for the day. However, we'll be hopping across to the park for a late lunch/early dinner as we're booked into Agrabah's at 15:00. So after this we'll likely stay in the park until closing.
Thursday 20th February
Hotel breakfast and I think a leisurely morning swim and a shopping trip around the Village. In the afternoon I will let the DD or DW decide where they want to go.
Tonight it's Buffalo Bill's Dinner and Show. Love this. Not sure what DD will think about it though...
Friday 21st February
Sad day. Time to go home. So, today is a free for all. We're each going to pick a favourite thing and go do that. I already know I will be heading back to ToT for one last drop... Eurostar isn't until 16:55 so we've plenty of time to fit in loads today. No doubt more shopping...
Friday night we're in the Premier Inn Euston again. So not back home to York until Saturday afternoon. Crying into my coffee at the thought of going back to work on the Monday...

So, there it is. The plan. Stuck to a reasonable budget. Eurostar cost more than I wanted, but thats my fault. I should have waited and done what I was originally planning and gone non-direct via Lille like we have before and that would have halved the price. But, I just wanted it booked and to be fair, direct is better!
Now, where did I put the spending money... ?
Old 15 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

Love it! Sounds like a brilliant plan and what a great surprise!
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Thanks Disneyfan87. We've been discussing this week that we might have to do some sort of reveal, she might only be 6 but she is far too cleaver for her age and will twig something is off at some point! I'm thinking on the Sunday when we go out for tea we might do the reveal then - the finer points of which will still need to be worked out...!
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like you've got a great plan!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cesca86
Very Serious Dibber

cesca86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 4
:) finger are crossed for you

How Exciting!

We are doing something similar in July for our daughter birthday (who has never been before).
I hope no one spoils the surprise for her and you have a great trip.
Lumiere: Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner.
cesca86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List