Notices

Old 15 Feb 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Haha yeah I don't think I could either. What about doing Yak N Yeti for lunch and Restaurantosaurus for a later dinner? So hard when you want to try so many different food places xx
Yes, I did struggle to fit everything in. You might have come up with a good idea there. I'll have a look at the plan and see if there's somewhere I could fit in lunch at Yak and Yeti.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Jo what a palaver I'm sorry to read about all your problems with booking the restaurants. MDE is such a pain in the backside.

You've got some fab choices though. We've always left Cali grill to the end of the stay, as a sort of goodbye, but I think it's a great idea to have it near the beginning. Although I'm not sure I'd want it straight after Yachtsman as I know I'd be ordering steak at both restaurants. A pain about the times for storybook dining but hopefully you'll be able to modify it to a little later...or, and this is probably v naughty, maybe you could arrive half hour late because of 'bus transport problems' they would still seat you and it would be a more reasonable time.

If you're planning on sharing QS credits for the BOG breakfast and the Restaurantasuarus dinner then stick with them both. The Tony's lunch though is epic, the starters were the size of main courses. We also took our puddings away in boxes to eat the following day.

I love your commitment to the early breakfasts, wow an 8am Crystal Palace and a 7am Chef Mickey in the last week is some going. I like an early start but I think I'd struggle to get everyone up and out for the 7am slot even on the first day!
Disney IT certainly leaves a lot to be desired and what does/doesn't work changes from day to day.

I'm not too worried about the 8am Crystal Palace but the 7am Chef Mickey is giving me cold sweats! I'm crossing my finger that it'll be fine as we've got lay ins for all the following days.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Well one quick phone call later (I dialled at about 10 seconds to 12 O' Clock and after going through the options menu, it was answered almost immediately) and we have a 6.50pm reservation for Cali Grill for our last night. The total length of the call from dialling to finishing the post call survey was 7 minutes!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Yay that's brilliant! So quick too, I usually avoid calling them as it seems to take so long! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Hurrah I hope they wished you a magical day at the end of the call.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yay that's brilliant! So quick too, I usually avoid calling them as it seems to take so long! X
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hurrah I hope they wished you a magical day at the end of the call.
I hate calling too. If it had been a restaurant that was easier to get I probably would have just waited for it to appear online.

They certainly did wish me a magical day
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Lovely! See you there!

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
Lovely! See you there!
Thanks for reading along.
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You look like a lovely family - more magical memory-making for you to look forward to! How exciting!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you, that's very kind. We're really looking forward to it.
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

To do list

Now that the ADRs are all done, it's starting to feel a bit more real so I thought it was about time to write a list of all the jobs I still need to do. If anybody thinks they can see anything obvious I've missed, please let me know. Passports are top of my list to get done over half term and as soon as I've got those, I'll get the Esta's done as they always make me nervous even though we've got no reason to worry! I also ordered some supplies last night to start making some Disney ears. They should all arrive by midweek so I'm hoping we might be able to start on them next weekend.

Renew 2 passports
Get Estas
Do API
Book airport parking
Get Kennedy Space Center tickets
Book Ollie tour at Kennedy Space Center
Buy MNSSHP tickets
Sort costumes for MNSSHP
Pay balances: BA/Disney/Tickets
Book seats on flights?
Print documents
Decide on fastpasses and book them
Check what clothes etc we all need and buy accordingly
Update packing list
Check suitcases
Get more packing cubes
Put plans into park notebook
Autograph books?
Make Minnie ears
Make Mousekeeping tip envelopes
Load money onto revolut card
Get some dollars in cash
Book cats into cattery

Edited at 09:51 PM. Reason: Adding to the list