Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Feb 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
McL4renF1
New Poster (2)

Question KENNEDY SPACE CENTRE (getting to)...

My first DIBB post...

We (8 of us) have booked to go to DWF in December, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort...

As a life long geek and fan of all things space I HAVE to go to Kennedy Space Centre. As yet, we are undecided on whether we will be hiring a car for our trip so wondered how easy it is to get to KSC without a car ?
McL4renF1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

I'd hire a car for the day, get there early to park and get on the bus tour before the crowds arrived. Plan to be there all day - we were and still didn't see if all. Having a car means you aren't tied to the return journey time as well.
Seeing Atlantis is one of the best things I have seen.
You will love it there! Enjoy!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
I'd hire a car for the day, get there early to park and get on the bus tour before the crowds arrived. Plan to be there all day - we were and still didn't see if all. Having a car means you aren't tied to the return journey time as well.
Seeing Atlantis is one of the best things I have seen.
You will love it there! Enjoy!
Absolutely agree with this. Fab place for a day out, reasonable drive too, more or less a straight line.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by McL4renF1 View Post
My first DIBB post...

We (8 of us) have booked to go to DWF in December, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort...

As a life long geek and fan of all things space I HAVE to go to Kennedy Space Centre. As yet, we are undecided on whether we will be hiring a car for our trip so wondered how easy it is to get to KSC without a car ?
I am a complete space geek too and KSC was an essential for me. I was terribly disappointed unfortunately, perhaps due to my sky high expectations, so maybe try to moderate yours just in case.

We didn't have a car either, we did a day trip on a coach and that worked fine, we also did the afternoon airboat ride. When we got onto the bus there were only a few of us planning to do the airboat, however when they came to pick us up, practically everyone had decided to add it on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

How long would you say you NEED to spend at Kennedy to see it properly?
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Remember to touch the moon. They have a bit of moon rock in a display that you can touch - you may have to ask where it is as they move it around (and put it down some backwater corridor - I don't understand why it is not in a prime spot!).

It is the one thing my girls remember from the first time we went - when they were 5 and 6 - "We touched the moon mum! The MOOOOOOOON!"
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

KSC is great - especially the Atlantis for which I had a literal jaw drop moment when I first saw it!

We drove so can't comment on how to get there, but make sure you get there for opening and straight on the bus as you will miss any queues that way

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnyDuck View Post
How long would you say you NEED to spend at Kennedy to see it properly?
I spend all day there, from opening to close. If you want to do absolutely everything and see it all then you'll need 2 days.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We covered everything and were easily done by about mid afternoon after entering at park opening. It was very quiet when we went though, we had the bus to ourselves when we came back from the second site.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List