Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Feb 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Redtraveller
Proud to wear my Ears

Universal Single day passes

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can advise the best way / place to book a single day pass to Harry Potter world at Universal. We are staying at Disney but want to go for the day. Happy to buy when in the country if that’s better.

Thanks

Edited at 10:42 AM. Reason: Error
Redtraveller is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
you can purchase direct on US universal site, but the 1-day 2-park tickets (if you want to ride hogwarts express) are seriously expensive, I have done 2-day in the past usually monitor the website and get a good deal to include express ticket, but we are not doing the 1 day this year its too much
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

There are 2 HP lands in universal, one in each park, meaning you NEED the park to park ticket if you want to visit all of HP in one day
and as PP said, it's quite expensive

if you only have one day, it may be best to get express passes (even though you didn't mention when you go, as crowd wise it will have an impact)
booking an extra night at RPR (while still being checked in at Disney's) could prove cheaper than buying the express passes on the side.

you'll find many threads dealing with one nighters at universal for express passes.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I was considering 1 day at Universal but decided to leave it till next time. On Undercover Tourist it's working out about £140 each for 1 day with the park to park tickets.

If we change our minds once in Florida, we will buy the cheapest annual passes for Univeral (around £250) and go back next year just before they expire.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We have done 1 day 2 park with express passes in June 2018. We bought our universal tickets from Walmart and the express pass on entry to universal. It cost approximately £500 for two of us. we arrived at opening and left at closing and did everything we wanted to in both parks plus multiple times on the Harry Potter rides. We loved every minute of it but there was just me and my adult son which i think made it much easier to make the most out of our day.We have said if we ever go back in the future ( just the two of us) we would do it again. It is expensive and I wouldn't do it with children but for us it was a brilliant day.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List