Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Feb 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Here we go Again! Charlotte's 2nd WDW trip Jan 2019 - Day 13 All day Epcot!

Index is here

Day 13

Tuesday 5th Feb 2019

We were awoken pretty early this morning, by our new next door neighbour (I say new as we hadn't heard him before, and judging by the level of his voice we absolutely would have done) on a phone call about some conference he was attending. We literally heard every single word of the call, it was so annoying. He also swore several times, which I'm sure Charlotte was oblivious to but it tipped me over the edge! This is a big downside with the connecting rooms at Beach Club (it happened last time me and Martin stayed for a night too) you might as well be in the same room as your neighbours. I was pretty annoyed over it, and decided to send an email to the manager to record our feedback. I did also make a note of all the lovely staff who helped us during our stay, so it wasn't all negative!

We got ready while Charlotte had a little play, and breakfast in bed.

The plan today was Epcot, all day! We wanted to finish off the Festival of the Arts "Brush with the Masters" scavenger hunt, and just soak up the general Epcot loveliness.

We stopped on the beach for a little play on the way past. The sky was blue, the sun was shining, what a perfect day.

Entering the park at World Showcase, we strolled round to Future World as we had fastpasses there this morning. We saw a new, empty paint by numbers which was fun!

And stopped for some photo pass pictures.

The Land was our first stop.

One of us had a FP for Soarin', so we asked for rider swap and they put this on Martin's magic band. Charlotte had asked for fresh orange juice in her water bottle this morning,from the fridge in our room but we forgot to put ice in on the way past Marketplace as we didn't go in with our refillable cups. I suggested Martin get some ice for her from Sunshine Seasons, then they were going to ride Living with the Land.

On the way out, they were waiting for me in the little seating area at the end of the queue. Martin said they hadn't been able to ride Living with the Land, as he had tipped her orange juice into the cup of ice and they wouldn't let him on with an open cup. I waved him off to do Soarin', tippped the drink back into her beaker and stashed it in the backpack. Mum logic, am I right?

So, now WE rode Living with the Land. Charlotte thoroughly enjoyed it, she particularly loved the part with the farm and the rainforest.

Once we were all done here, and had been reunited I wanted to get a picture of us all at the front of the park, as I had one for our last trip with Festival of the Holidays decorations. For some unknown reason, there was no PP photographer there, and it's not a good place to ask someone for a photo as everyone is just arriving for the day, so we didn't want to slow anyone down. I took some, and got a selfie of us all together anyway.

Food was on our mind now, so we had a pow wow and decided to try Lotus Blossom Cafe, another new one for us. I think we had orange chicken and beef noodles (which was delicious) Really enjoyed our food here, and the little seating area was nice too.

We had a mooch round the shop in China, and found the painting for our scavenger hunt.

There was also little paintings dotted randomly around the pavilions, for Festival of the Arts, which were fun to spot. Charlotte found Little Brother from Mulan.

With it being such a hot day, we thought Charlotte might enjoy playing in the little splash area near Test Track. I spotted it yesterday while I was getting her to sleep.

It was definitely a hit!

Once she was fully soaked and had had enough water playtime, we decided to head back to the room for a rest, via Ample Hills for an ice cream! We obviously got the deconstructed cheesecake on our way too, as I have a photo of it!

The air con inside Ample Hills was most welcome. I loved this sign in the queue.

I don't seem to have notes or photos of what we had unfortunately! At this point, note taking was a bit sparse!

Once back in the room, Charlotte and Martin both had a nap and I did some packing. It was becoming abundantly clear that we were going to need to pay for an extra bag on the way home, and we had brought a large duffel bag with us just in case, as let's be honest, it was highly likely. I did online check in, but didn't pay for the bag yet thinking we could just do it at the airport.

While in the room, our phone rang and it was someone related to the email I sent this morning about Mr McShouty in the next room to us. They apologised profusely and offered us 3 any attraction extra fastpasses for the next day. I said OK, as we originally thought about going to Magic Kingdom, but now we were thinking we were going to just chill out by the pool. He offered a late check out too so we could have either option available to us in the morning. So that was nice.

Once everyone was awake, we freshened up and headed back into Epcot for the evening.

There was an event all set up on the beach, which looked incredible.

We got one of the art photopasses which was fun.

Listened to a little bit of the Disney Broadway concerts

We had an ADR for Hacienda de San Angel, but neither of us really felt like it. On walking past Spice Road Table we saw their menu and it looked so good. Unfortunately because it was close to the time of the reservation it wouldn't let me change or cancel the ADR. Spice Road could do us as a walk up, but we would get hit with the no show charge at Hacienda. I googled and found the phone number to call to switch the reservations, which the lady did for us.

That all sorted, we finished off the scavenger hunt and had a little look around Japan, this area is so pretty at night and it was incredibly quiet.

Our ADR time was soon here and we checked into Spice Road Table. We absolutely loved our meal here, so glad we changed! I had the lamb, Martin had mixed skewers and Charlotte had a bit of it all. Apparently he didn't have dessert according to my notes, but Charlotte and I shared the chocolate pyramid which was so so good! I don't have a picture, as they brought it out just as Illuminations started so all the lights were dimmed. It was my favourite dessert of the whole trip - high praise indeed!

I got a bit choked up at the finale of Illuminations, knowing it was the last time we'd ever see it, and it being the last night of our trip was making me feel all emotional. Martin gave my hand a squeeze, and I pulled myself together.

By the time we left, the park was officially closed, it was practically empty. We stopped in the International Gateway store and got the prize from the scavenger hunt which was a little colouring/sticker book, then made our way back to Beach Club.

Once Charlotte was asleep in bed, we did a bit more packing () before turning in for the night ourselves.

Tomorrow - our last day! We spend the morning by the pool, then explore Art of Animation before heading to the airport
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh the sky in all these photos, just beautiful!

So wonderful to be able to nip back and forth to the hotel, the location of the Boardwalk is just a dream

And I got a bit choked up then thinking about the end of Illuminations... still so sad it's gone!

Edited at 02:50 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

What excellent customer service by the beach club - wonder if you made use of the fast passes (hint hint for the next day).

Aw the last full day is always tinged with sadness. Fab way to spend it round Epcot though, it looks like a beautiful weather day too.

Your meal at spice road sounds yummy. Glad they let you change it xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Another fantastic day, thanks for sharing.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
What excellent customer service by the beach club - wonder if you made use of the fast passes (hint hint for the next day).

Aw the last full day is always tinged with sadness. Fab way to spend it round Epcot though, it looks like a beautiful weather day too.

Your meal at spice road sounds yummy. Glad they let you change it xx
It was gorgeous weather!

Yes, definitely enjoyed Spice Road Table I think it's really underrated!

Thanks for reading and commenting,as always xxx
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another fantastic day, thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much! X
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh the sky in all these photos, just beautiful!

So wonderful to be able to nip back and forth to the hotel, the location of the Boardwalk is just a dream

And I got a bit choked up then thinking about the end of Illuminations... still so sad it's gone!
I know, the sky is dreamy isn't it!

Oh I know 😭 makes me so sad we'll never see it again

Xxx