Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Feb 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I enjoyed it. Compared to the last couple of episodes it was great.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It wasn’t bad but it certainly wasn’t good either - too much crammed into an hour but yes was hoping Capt Jack might pop up to say “told you so ... ”
But if she hadn’t given the Cyberman what he wanted then it would have destroyed them all and altered humanity’s future. So it makes sense that she would’ve ignored Jack’s advice.

I thought this episode was more like some of the Tennant or Smith episodes - crammed full of things going on resulting in the Doctor having a moral dilemma.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Finally an episode that didn't have a political agenda forced into it. I still don't like her as the dr though, I just find she shouts everything like she is having an argument.. find it quite hard to watch her. But overall the better of the episodes yet, which lets be honest.. is not very hard.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Another good episode! Who'd've thought it. Not sure about the flying Cybermen heads but the rest was pretty good with a interesting little cliffhanger (and returning character) at the end.

I guess the programme would've been a lot shorter if the Doctor had parked the Tardis a bit closer and rescued the remaining humans in the old blue box. I wonder how the Doc and ''fam" will make it back to the Tardis?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Another good episode! Who'd've thought it. Not sure about the flying Cybermen heads but the rest was pretty good with a interesting little cliffhanger (and returning character) at the end.

I guess the programme would've been a lot shorter if the Doctor had parked the Tardis a bit closer and rescued the remaining humans in the old blue box. I wonder how the Doc and ''fam" will make it back to the Tardis?

I thought it was ruddy brilliant- the best episode by a very long way for this Doctor. I was gripped but agree did wonder why she parked the tardis so far away lol

So many twists and turns to come next week I am sure and I can’t wait to see it .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well, cor! The final episode of this season was good. Interesting retcon. Intriguing “whaaa...?” cliffhanger. It’s revitalised Doctor Who after the previous lacklustre season.

It wasn’t perfect though. And I’m still not entirely sure about Jodie as the Doc.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
It wasn’t a bad episode. It answered some of the questions ... but not all of them. No I am still not sure of Jodie as the Doctor either. Plus she ran away at the end

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?

Edited at 12:01 AM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I just love the new Master, he is so much fun! He lights up the screen.

The scene between Graham and Yas where basically Graham tells her she's amazing ... bleugh. I felt sure Yas would be dead by the end of the episode but no!

Really not sure about the whole retcon of Gallfrey's history. But at least we got Cybermen with funny collars (and weren't they beautiful?)
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

It was ok but, for me, didn’t quiet live up to last weeks part 1 of the episode .

Still some questions remain which is good (I presume the Judoon must be part of The Division ? That would tie in why they were after Ruth) interesting to see how she escapes as CC put out there yesterday they are filming a special episode with the Doctor, her fam (sic) and the Darleks !

I loved the Master too and hope he escaped (I thought I liked Missy but this one is deliciously evil and funny too !)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
It wasn’t a bad episode. It answered some of the questions ... but not all of them. No I am still not sure of Jodie as the Doctor either. Plus she ran away at the end
The Doctor is very good at running away. It's what he/she does best.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I just love the new Master, he is so much fun! He lights up the screen.
I agree. He is good.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The scene between Graham and Yas where basically Graham tells her she's amazing ... bleugh. I felt sure Yas would be dead by the end of the episode but no!
I agree that bit was 'bleugh'. But it was somewhat redeemed at the end when Yaz said something along of the lines of "You too" and Graham was all "Is that it? I say all those nice things about you and that's all you've got?!?" and then Yaz replies "Well, I'm from Yorkshire".

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
(I presume the Judoon must be part of The Division ? That would tie in why they were after Ruth)
I see the Judoon as a sort of dumb police force for hire. They aren't part of the Division but they have been hired by the Division to capture the Doctor.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~