Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Aimee_K View Post
So our only real option then is Gatwick. We have thought about a Cardiff - Dublin - Orlando and clearing the immigration but i'm not sure what the planes and IFE is like. I will have to look into it.
Thank you for taking the time to comment, helpful information.
You could fly LHR to Miami then connecting flight to Orlando or drive.

Eta, I would only take a connecting flight if it was on one ticket

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just a bit of advice on the wedding if you decide we had ours at paradise cove was very reasonable and beautiful and they do very intimate ceremonies
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tunnie12345 View Post
Just a bit of advice on the wedding if you decide we had ours at paradise cove was very reasonable and beautiful and they do very intimate ceremonies
Thank you! I will check this out. We only want something small and maybe incorporating it into a trip that could also be our honeymoon seems a great idea for us. Did you do a trip report for yours?
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We were at WDW in September and spent one day doing F&W snacking. I have heard it gets busy at the weekends, so we went on a weekday and it was absolutely fine, not in the least bit busy.
From past experiences when I have been with family we have either attended the parks early on a weekend or used weekends as quieter shopping days, pool / water park days. Great to hear that week days are still slightly quieter.
I need to check out if there are any local school holidays to avoid.
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
You could fly LHR to Miami then connecting flight to Orlando or drive.

Eta, I would only take a connecting flight if it was on one ticket
Have you ever driven Miami to Orlando? What was it like if you have, easy or a hard drive?
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

From past experiences when I have been with family we have either attended the parks early on a weekend or used weekends as quieter shopping days, pool / water park days. Great to hear that week days are still slightly quieter.
I need to check out if there are any local school holidays to avoid.
I meant that the F&W festival gets very busy at the weekends but was fine on a weekday when we went - not all parks generally.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

If you book DIY then who do you usually go through to book the hotel? Do you stay on or off site?
I'm hoping he's going to love it, I've had to persuade him but not too much so i think he's coming around to the idea he's just a little worried about how much it will all cost. Definitely going to aim for the free dining as I think this will help costs... maybe!
Book Disney direct, any issues then it's Disney you're dealing with rather than a 3rd Party.

For Universal, I always use Hotels.com as there's always at least a 10% off voucher knocking around.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you ever driven Miami to Orlando? What was it like if you have, easy or a hard drive?
Lots of times, very easy. We usually stay at the airport Marriott, picking up car the next morning

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List